Baby, It’s Cold Outside! Warm Up With This Year’s Best Holiday Starbucks Drinks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year: the return of the red holiday cups at Starbucks! Starbucks is even switching things up this year by incorporating 13 different decorative cup designs created by customers from around the world. I don’t know about you, but I’m all for a fashionable coffee cup that brings Christmas cheer every time I take a sip of my favorite holiday drink. The Starbucks holiday cups are a universal sign to all coffee lovers that the winter seasonal beverages are back. Here are the seven best holiday drinks to snag before the season is over:

1. Chestnut Praline Latte

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire? How about chestnuts flavoring my favorite cup of coffee! This warm and creamy latte has freshly brewed espresso flavored with caramelized chestnuts, rich steamed milk, a light and fluffy whipped cream topping and praline crumbles to finish it off. 

2. Eggnog Latte

The iconic Christmas time beverage has made its way to a coffee cup near you. The Eggnog Latte is the perfect option if you can’t resist that creamy texture and rich nutmeg flavor that comes along with a traditional glass of eggnog. Coffee drinkers love their eggnog so much that Starbucks received significant backlash when they tried to pull the ‘nog from the menu back in 2014. Latte lovers took to social media, firing out complaints about the disappearance of their go-to seasonal flavor. Starbucks quickly jumped into action by apologizing and bringing back the holiday favorite. Let’s just say, the Eggnog Latte isn’t going anywhere any time soon. 

3. Gingerbread Latte

Who doesn’t love a warm gingerbread cookie during the holidays? The Gingerbread Latte brings you the decadent flavor of gingerbread with fresh espresso, steamed milk and a creamy whipped topping with a light dusting of ground nutmeg. 

4. Peppermint Mocha

There’s nothing more perfect than the chocolate and mint flavor combo, especially when it takes the form of a caffeinated cup of happiness. The Peppermint Mocha is always a seasonal favorite among coffee enthusiasts who love their dose of mint chocolate. Sweet mocha sauce and a peppermint flavored syrup come together to give your typical espresso with steamed milk a creamy and rich texture, followed by a kick of extra sweetness from the dark chocolate curls resting on top of the fluffy whipped cream. Yes, please! 

5. Caramel Brulée Latte

Rich caramel brulée sauce combined with freshly brewed espresso and steamed milk? I’ll take two, please! Not to mention, this drink is topped off with whipped cream and a caramel brulée topping for an extra kick of flavor.

6. Holiday Spice Flat White

If your go-to drink is the classic Flat White, then you will fall in love with Starbucks’ holiday twist on your routine cup of espresso. This festive version of the Flat White is the result of a combination of the Christmas Blend Espresso Roast and holiday spice infused microfoam. Now that’s something to celebrate!

7. Spiced Sweet Cream Cold Brew

So maybe you’re not in the mood for a piping hot cup of Joe? Have no fear, you can still join in on the festive fun while staying cool. The Spiced Sweet Cream Cold Brew is a new addition to the seasonal menu this year. Starbucks infused their Nariño 70 cold brew coffee with holiday spices and a dash of rich, house-made sweet cream, making this drink the perfect option for days when you need a quick refresher. 

These seasonal beverages are sure to satisfy that sweet tooth while you get your daily caffeine fix. Finals may be around the corner, but, as always, Starbucks is there to comfort us with these tasty treats and festive cups. Don’t miss out on these desserts in disguise this holiday season.

HC Contributer Mizzou