Ashlen Snellen ’11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Whether hitting the slopes in her hometown of Whitefish, Mont., beaching it up over breaks or clocking major hours for MU Greek Life and the Panhellenic community, Senior Ashlen Snellen can be found bleeding black and gold to the core.

Major: Textile and Apparel Management
Hobbies: cooking, finance, running, traveling
Dream job: international business for corporate retailer
Words to live by: “Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.”
Now playing: Super Mash Bros
Idea of a perfect date: “As long as there is quality time, laughing, and deep conversation, it’s perfect.”
Celebrity crush: Ashton Kutcher
Finish this thought: “When I’m not in the Greek Life offices, I’m trying to teach myself guitar!
If I could be any fictional character, I would be: Cinderella. “Who wouldn’t want to be at a ball with prince charming?”
Movie I can quote from start to finish: The Parent Trap, “starring the one and only Lindsey Lohan”
Proudest Mizzou moment: “standing on the columns with the rest of the [Alumni Association Student Board] seniors right before Tiger Walk this year and hearing 5,000 freshmen yell back “Z-O-U” before they embarked on the best years of their lives”

Kelsey Mirando is a senior at the University of Missouri, class of 2011, studying Magazine Journalism, English and Sociology. Born and raised in Tulsa, Okla., Kelsey enjoys travel, volunteerism and any Leonardo DiCaprio movie. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity and has served as President of the Society of Professional Journalists, MU chapter. She has reported among the Tiger fans of Columbia, Mo., the hustle and bustle of Beijing and the bright lights of New York City. Kelsey recently completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program and is now soaking up every moment of her senior year at Mizzou.