Artists Who Are Rocking the #Bodypositive Trend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Over the last couple of months, social media has been buzzing with body positivity and self-love. Women and men are embracing their natural shapes and sizes and inspiring others to love themselves, which is extremely refreshing against the societal pressure to be perfect.

Several artists have been forerunners in this inspiration. Here’s a few that are rocking the body positive social media trend.

Cinta Tort Cartró

Cartró is an artist from Barcelona, Spain who paints women in the most positive light possible. Through bright colors and flowers, she celebrates the uniqueness of each female body and the power of being a woman. She illuminates the beauty in each aspect of femininity.

She brings beauty to taboo subjects like periods and female nipples by turning these subjects into a work of art. Her work includes glitter-stained underwear and rainbow stretch marks.  

Her Instagram account is  @zintetaart.

Christie Begnell

Begnell is an artist who shares her journey and feelings as she recovers from an eating-disorder through drawings and messages. She shows the pain that eating disorders cause and urges her followers to be healthy   

She encourages her followers to love themselves by showing them the alternative: a never-ending fight with the scale and the mirror.  

Her Instagram is @meandmyed.art

Megan Jayne Crabb

Crabb is a social media influencer that posts positive pictures expressing her confidence of her body. She is also an eating-disorder survivor, and she inspires her followers to overcome it as well.

She spreads awareness of mental illness and eating-disorders and shows her followers how beautiful each body is. She also recently wrote a book about body positivity called Body Positive Power. Her Instagram is @bodyposipanda

Theeverybodybeautystandard

@theeverybodybeautystandard shares real women’s stories and images to spread the power of positive body images and self-love. They feature women in bikinis or bras in all shapes and sizes with quotes of why they love themselves.

Joanna Thangiah

Thangiah uses her female characters to tell the ugly truth about society. Her feed is full of feminine power and messages about embracing womanhood. She stresses the importance of self-love and self-care.

Her drawings don’t sugar-coat anything and feature BA chicks that defy social standards. Through her art, she inspires women to stand up for themselves and their point of views.

Her Instagram is @joannathangiah.

HC Contributer Mizzou