Andrew Lorenz ’11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Meet senior Andrew Lorenz, this week’s campus cutie! Andrew’s nominator says he’s “a great role model for other students,” and we think so, too. Whether cheering on the Tigers with the Zou Crew or encouraging students to use Green Dots as part of RSVP, Andrew has definitely made an impact during his time at Mizzou.

Hometown: Jackson, Mo.

Major: Accounting

Campus involvement: Alumni Association Student Board, Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention peer educator, Zou Crew coordinator (spirit chair) and Membership Lead at the Rec

Last song played on his iPod: “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” by Whitney Houston

Unique fact: “I love talking about the history of Wiffle ball.”

Dream job: general manager of the St. Louis Cardinals or a motivational speaker

What he’s most excited about for summer: “Cardinal baseball, grilling, float trips and warm weather.”

About his gnome: “Yes, I do have a gnome, and his name is Charles. My good friend Nicholas Jain and I found him at Hobby Lobby one afternoon. My favorite (memory) has to be when my friend Adrianna took him from my house and took pictures with him all over campus.”

If he were a Crayola Crayon: “I would have to say Fuzzy Wuzzy Brown (it’s real, look it up).”

Favorite Quote: “‘Just be yourself.’ It is easy to sometimes lose yourself in college, and I think the best thing is to always stay true to you.”

Where he sees himself in 10 years: “Well, I try to never get too far ahead of myself in life, but hopefully just enjoying life.”

Kelsey Mirando is a senior at the University of Missouri, class of 2011, studying Magazine Journalism, English and Sociology. Born and raised in Tulsa, Okla., Kelsey enjoys travel, volunteerism and any Leonardo DiCaprio movie. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity and has served as President of the Society of Professional Journalists, MU chapter. She has reported among the Tiger fans of Columbia, Mo., the hustle and bustle of Beijing and the bright lights of New York City. Kelsey recently completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program and is now soaking up every moment of her senior year at Mizzou.