Monarch Multi Wrap Braceletjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Monarch Multi Wrap Braceletjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Abby’s Accessories Brings Handmade Jewelry to Depop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Abby’s Accessories is a Black-owned Depop shop that sells handmade and custom bracelets, rings and other jewelry. 

Abby is a high school student based in Florida who started her shop out of a love for crafting and making jewelry. 

She started her business during the pandemic, when she found herself bored and looking for something fun to do. It has grown into a full-time job, with 7,653 followers on Depop and 405 sales. 

“I [enjoy] interacting with others and brightening their day with my jewelry,” Abby said. She also loves packaging items to ship.

Running a business isn’t always easy and she has faced some difficulties with time management, but she has learned how to better manage her time. In the future, Abby hopes to become a verified shop and grow into a worldwide business.

She is grateful for everyone who has supported and continues to support her business. 

“I wouldn’t be here without all the people that are here for me,” she said.

Abby’s favorite item: Assorted fruit resin ring

Our favorite item: Zoom beaded bracelet

Cara is a Sophomore at Mizzou studying Journalism and Political Science with a minor in Peace Studies. She loves journaling, handwritten letters and nature. You can find her listening to indie or worship music and slam poetry. Cara is also a Cincinnati, Ohio native and lover of Skyline Chili and Greater's Ice Cream.
Jordan Thornsberry is a student at the University of Missouri-Columbia, studying magazine journalism. In her free time, Jordan likes to travel, read and catch up on the latest celebrity drama. You can find more of her writing at jordantberry.com and on social media at @jordantberry.