6 Ways to Spice Up Your Hair This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Whether you’re on the beach with friends, going on a cute date or working a summer job, these six easy hairstyles will keep your hair out of your face but still look cute while you bear the hot outdoors.

This half-up, half-down hairstyle is perfect for longer hair. Curl your hair for waves, or just throw up your natural hair. The high ponytail will make your hair look thick and voluminous.

Keep your hair off the back of your neck with this adorable look. Loosely braid a good amount of hair and secure with bobby pins. Carefully pull out sections of the braid. With the rest of your hair, create a messy bun. Hairspray!!!  

Braids are perfect for days spent on the beach or adventuring with friends. Experiment with different types of braids this summer to find the perfect one for you!

This unique style keeps your hair secure, face cool, and still looks amazing. Combine several of the above looks to create this one. Start a French braid, but then throw it up into a bun. Leave the rest down.

Who doesn’t love fun buns? Dress up in a romper or a dress, or dress down in simple jean shorts and a tank; they look good with either style.​  

It can’t get much simpler. For girls with hair to your shoulders, leave your natural hair down. Pull your bangs back and throw the top layer of your hair into a simple twist bun. Effortless, but still cute!