5 Ways to Make This Your Best Hot Girl Summer Yet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

With hot girl summer starting there are many different ways that people will try to make this summer the best, I have 5 ways that you can truly make this summer your hottest girl summer yet. 

Don’t place your worth in the eyes of others 

This one is the most important and that is why it is number one. Hot girl summer is about you feeling good, not about pleasing others. This summer focus on yourself and what makes you feel good. Is it not shaving your armpits? Starting to run? Doing colorful eye makeup? Wearing all back? Plucking your eyebrows thinner? Whatever it is, if it makes you feel good, try it this summer! 

Do more activities you enjoy 

This summer do more things that you enjoy. Nothing says you have to go to the beach and tan this summer or go on picnics (unless you want to). Spend this summer doing things that help you relax and bring you true joy. You can find new places or people that share the same hobbies as you and learn more about your favorite activities! Maybe even try something new that has been interesting to you. 

Work on your body positivity 

There is nothing you need to change about your body to have a beach body. You don’t need to get super skinny or thick to be beautiful. Take this summer to start pointing out the things you love about yourself. 

Explore styles that interest you 

This summer, take some risks! Try out the new makeup, fashion, design or art trend that you have been eyeing. If you don’t like it then great you don’t ever have to do it again. But try it out! You might just find your new favorite go-to look. 

Get involved in a cause 

This summer try to get involved in a cause that you care about. It is a great way to meet new people and make a difference. You can do something local or global and know that this hot girl summer you helped others. 

These are just five ideas of so many different things you can do this hot girl summer. This is your summer and you can spend it however you like. You are the only one that can decide how your summer will look, so make sure you make it enjoyable and worthwhile for you!   

(she/her) Madison Thompson is a junior at The University of Missouri- Columbia and has direct admission into the Donald W. Reynolds Journalism School. She is an older sister and loves to read and write. In addition to Journalism, Madison loves creative writing. Madison has a self-published poetry book titled "The Journey". Her Poem Supermarket was a finalist in the 2019 KET writing contest.