This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Columbia may seem like a typical college town, but there are many things to do outside of Mizzou’s campus. Here are some ideas to try out if you want to get off campus and out of the downtown area.  

Papa’s Cat Cafe

If you are a cat lover, Papa’s Cat Cafe may be for you. They have a playroom filled with 20+ cats, along with a cafe stocked with specialty baked-goods and drinks.

Midway Antique Mall

This is a great place to go to find vintage and unique pieces. The shop is massive, and you can easily spend several hours browsing. Before I go to the Midway Antique Mall, I enjoy getting breakfast at the Midway One Stop Diner.

Midway Golf and Games

Midway Golf and Games is a place that offers much more than mini golf and driving ranges. They have axe throwing, batting cages and go carts. An interesting activity that they offer is archery tag which is a game that combines archery with dodgeball. Their yard has many field games, like bocce ball and life-size connect four. You can also rent fire pits to have a campfire with a group of people. 

Hike

There are tons of great hiking spots in Columbia, Missouri. I love to go hiking at Grindstone Nature Area, but Devil’s Icebox and The Pinnacles are two other spots that I am looking forward to trying in the Columbia area this spring.

Level Up

Level Up is located in the Columbia Mall and has an arcade, bowling, high ropes course and laser tag. 

I'm a journalism student with an emphasis in strategic communication at the University of Missouri. When not writing articles for Her Campus, my hobbies include playing ultimate frisbee and listening to Lil Uzi Vert.
Jordan Thornsberry is a student at the University of Missouri-Columbia, studying magazine journalism. In her free time, Jordan likes to travel, read and catch up on the latest celebrity drama. You can find more of her writing at jordantberry.com and on social media at @jordantberry.