Style > Beauty

5 Multipurpose Beauty Products Every Girl Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Save time and money with these five do-it-all products. 

1. Cocoa Butter

Cocoa butter is great for smoothing dry, rough skin. It also moisturizes chapped lips and helps reduce the appearance of scars and stretchmarks. Our latest favorite is Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick ($2.19, found in drugstores or at drugstore.com). Swipe this on any chapped or dry areas. It smoothes, soothes and smells amazing!

2. BB Cream

BB cream, short for beauty balm cream, was originally developed by a German dermatologist who wanted a product that would protect skin and provide coverage after skin treatments. It was first popular in South Korea, but soon BB cream became worldwide sensation. It acts as a five-in-one face product that moisturizes, primes, conceals, covers, and treats skin. Our recommendation? Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm ($14, sephora.com)

3. Castile Soap

Castile soap is an all-natural cleaner that can be used all around the house. Some of its many uses include shampoo, body wash, face cleanser, laundry detergent, toothpaste, dish soap, toilet cleaner, window cleaner, floor cleaner, shaving oil, fruit and vegetable wash, plant spray and ant repellent. This stuff literally does it all! Try Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap ($8.90, target.com)

4. Rosebud Salve

Rosebud salve has been a favorite in the beauty world for quite some time. Most know it as a lip moisturizer, but rosebud salve also acts as a brow gel, eyeshadow primer, eye makeup remover and cuticle treatment. It can be used to tame flyaway hairs, smooth skin, relieve sunburns or give makeup a dewy look. Throw a tin of this into your purse and you’re prepared for any beauty emergency. Try Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve ($6, sephora.com)

5. Coconut Oil

Coconut oil is one of the most versatile products on the planet. It can be used for cooking, moisturizing skin, curing acne, treating warts, killing lice, healing scars and stretchmarks, easing sore throats, smoothing wrinkles, cleaning teeth, fighting infections, removing makeup, healing canker sores and much, much more. For a list of more coconut oil uses, click here. This Spectrum Organic Refined Coconut Oil ($8, vitacost.com) smells great and does it all.

Writer. Traveler. Starbucks regular.
HC Contributer Mizzou