We all know the normal remedies we use to desperately try and alleviate the headache and nausea after a night of too much drinking. We take Advil, chug water, eat greasy breakfasts and sleep. But there are so many more options out there. Through very interesting — and sometimes just gross — research, I have found five unusual cures to kill that hangover.
1. Random medications you looked up online. That’s not sketchy at all. And I’m sure they actually help. For example, you could take liver and kidney drops or sun chlorella tablets. Yummy.
2. Herbal remedies health gurus swear by. Milk thistle, which is apparently produced from the stems of milk thistle plants, is said to help hangovers. Many websites also say weed helps, and, hey, who am I to judge?
3. Rhinoceros horns. Yes, this is apparently a thing. You might have to travel to African grasslands and then find somewhere you can buy poached rhinoceros horns. But then you just grind it up and snort it! Estimated cost: about $200,000.
4. Haitian Voodoo. It is a Haitian practice to stab pins into the corks of the bottles that caused your hangover. I don’t know if I’m convinced this one would work, but at least you could release some of your anger or embarrassment for deeds committed the night before.
5. Dried bull penis. This just sounds like unnecessary punishment — for the bulls and the humans. I know that they don’t just chop them off while the bull is still alive, but somehow I still feel bad for it. Also, what person wants to be knowingly eating and digesting a penis?