Wellness > Sex + Relationships

5 “absolutely fire🔥” relationship takeaways from TikTok’s Jett and ‘Pookie’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

“Pookie is looking absolutely fire tonight.”

The phrase has wiggled its way into both our vocabularies and our hearts.

Based in Atlanta, GA, husband and wife duo Jett and Campbell “Pookie” Puckett have recently gone viral for their OOTD and lifestyle videos. The pair — well-off and well-dressed — first met at a wine bar in Philadelphia, according to a TikTok posted on Jan. 11. After just 10 months of courtship, the flight attendant-turned-influencer and the finance bro tied the knot in April 2018. With their quintessential southern charm, Campbell’s impeccable sense of style, and Jett’s worship of the ground that Pookie walks on, the public rejoiced.

@campbellhuntpuckett

When I don’t know what to wear, I always go with all black🖤 #datenight #couple #outfits #hermes

♬ original sound – Campbell Puckett

TikTok is known for shooting couples to fame, but there was something truly special about Jett and Pookie. Their content sparked parodies by other content creators, celebrities like Meghan Trainor and Zach Bryan and brands like Southwest Airlines and Dunkin Donuts. Many compared the two to Barbie and Ken, with Campbell dressed to the nines and Jett being, well, Jett. And, above all, they shared their oh-so-evident love for each other on the internet for all to see. While we don’t love everything that they do (e.g. Antebellum South-themed Greek events, totally unacceptable), we can still love the relationship that they have built. Here are a few relationship lessons we can take from Jett and Pookie.

1. Jett is Pookie’s number one hype man. 

When people say that flattery will get you anywhere, they are not kidding.

Maybe it is his southern drawl. Maybe it is his nervous yet excited delivery. Maybe it is the fact that he is so specific with his compliments (“Babe, the all-black with a touch of pink is a knockout.”) Whatever it may be, Jett’s flattery of Campbell launched the two into internet stardom.

Campbell looks good. But, arguably more importantly, she knows she looks good because Jett doesn’t let her forget it. 

Campbell could be wearing a paper bag and Jett would still find a way to let her know that she is beautiful, confident, smart, sexy and ready to take on the world (or, just Friday night date night).

2. Pookie doesn’t have to ask for things. In fact, she rarely does. 

“I have come bearing gifts.”

“Oh my god, babe!”

In a TikTok posted Jan. 23, Jett surprises Campbell in bed with flowers — nice neutral pink flowers that he knows she loves — and their favorite coffee. 

The gesture may seem simple, but it is something that is repeated again and again and again on Campbell’s account. Campbell, resting in bed or blindfolded in their kitchen, opens her eyes to a new surprise from Jett, whether it be homemade floral arrangements, a “normal Saturday Chick-fil-A,” or two glasses of champagne. 

As far as we know, Campbell does not ask for these things. Jett knows that these are things that make Campbell happy, and Campbell being happy makes him happy. It’s a simple equation, really. 

The surprises go both ways, too. In a TikTok posted Jan. 21, Campbell, Jett’s “drop dead gorgeous wife” (his words), surprised him with a “drop dead sexy outfit with espresso martinis in hand, which makes it even better.” 

“He’s always doing little sweet things for me, so I had to do something,” Campbell said later on in the TikTok. “It’s all about the little things.”

3. No matter how awkward he looks on camera, Jett ALWAYS shows up for Pookie. 

Many viewers lament that Jett seems uncomfortable, stiff or robotic on camera. Even if that is the case, he continues to show up for his Pookie, video after video after video. This is Campbell’s TikTok account, this is something that Campbell loves to do, and because Jett loves Campbell, that is enough for him. Not only does he get to watch his person do something that makes her happy, but he also gets to take part in it.

TBH, I think Jett enjoys being on camera. He may be shy, but we all see how he lights up when he gets to show off his outfits, too.

4. This one might seem small, but Pookie NEVER goes unnoticed. 

I remember when I was a kid, my dad always made sure that when he knew my mother was getting her hair done, my siblings and I would compliment her as soon as she stepped foot through the door. It was like a routine: my mom would leave, my father would rally the troops, and we would pepper her with compliments like “Wow, you look so beautiful!” and “Your hair looks so good!” until she reached the final boss of compliments, my father. I often think back and imagine how special that made her feel, reminiscing on the smile that would be plastered on her face long after. 

And now, I imagine, that is how Campbell feels every day with Jett.

Jett’s quips like, “Little known fact I typically love Pookie in a hat,” “Pookie looks so cute it should be illegal” and quintessentially, “Pookie is looking absolutely fire tonight,” did not catch on for no reason; Jet meant every word. Even if he does not understand Campbell’s makeup routine, her house of CB top that laces up in the back, or the significance of her Kelly, he asks about them regardless. Jett understands that Campbell is his partner, that she puts effort into her look, and that, no matter who or what she is wearing, she looks good.

Now that’s cause for celebration.

5. They love each other, plain and simple. 

Like, just look at the way they look at each other. Thank you, that is all.

So, although they should not be put on a pedestal, Jett and Pookie are in love — and who doesn’t love that? Their relationship may serve as something to inspire our own relationships, or maybe even something that we see our relationships reflected in. Either way, pookie or no pookie this Valentine’s Day, everyone deserves to have a Jett to their Campbell.

Comments on Campbell’s TikToks typically read as “I hope y’all know you’re single-handedly raising so many women’s standards” (user @tinymelons) or “My favorite couple” (user @ceilacano).

However, I feel that TikToker Justin Hall said it best: “Ladies, if your man is not like Jett, return to sender. Because we need less toxic marriages and more men like Jett. I said what I said.”

He said what he said!

Kyla Pehr

Mizzou '25

Hello! my name is Kyla Pehr and I am a third-year journalism major with an emphasis in writing and reporting. I have minors in TAM (basically fashion) and sociology. I am from Dallas, Texas and I enjoy thrifting, hiking, cooking, and spending time with friends and my cat, Doorknob! M-I-Z!