16 Quotes You Need to Read This International Women’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

As college women in 2016, we may or may not experience the real struggle of gender inequality. It’s easy to forget the huge strides that were made by women before us to get to where we are today. It’s also easy to forget the huge strides that women now continue to make. On this International Women’s Day, I want you to remind yourself of this progress, while also taking note of how women continue to change the world. From a powerful message on race delivered by a Beyoncé music video to the mere fact that a woman is a potential presidential candidate, girls really can run the world, and we will continue to do so.

Schedule

To celebrate a day that is all about us, I wanted to pull some of my favorite quotes from some amazing women, past and present. Whether you’re a feminist or not (hell, whether you’re a woman or not) these quotes definitely serve up some inspiration to channel your inner #girlboss.

1. Eleanor Roosevelt on feeling inferior:

2. Amelia Earhart on doing things:

3. Emma Stone on confidence and beauty:

4. Beyoncé on proving yourself:

5. Tyra Banks on the inner strength every woman has:

6. Misty Copeland on success:

7. Maya Angelou on your inner light:

8. Sophia Amoruso on confidence:

9. J.K. Rowling on what’s possible:

10. Mother Theresa on spreading love:

11. Coco Chanel on thinking for yourself:

12. Susan B. Anthony on being independent:

13. Emma Watson on what is right:

14. Condolezza Rice on difference:

15. Amy Poehler on being bossy:

16. Ronda Rousey on being a DNB:

Schedule

A writer and creator with a weird sense of humor. A big fan of the golden rule and an even bigger fan of the Blackhawks. Chicago-born, Mizzou-made. HCXO