10 Como Valentine’s Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

If you have absolutely no idea what to do for Valentine’s Day this year in Columbia, don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. While Columbia is an amazing town, sometimes I can’t think of new things to do. All it took was a little research, and now I have a whole list. I apologize in advance if the majority of my ideas involve food; I find that I’m very happy when I eat.

1. Cake Tasting. With this one you can either be super fancy or more casual. It’s up to you. I prefer the more casual because I could stuff my face with no one watching. So for the fancy cake tasting idea, contact local bakeries such as Columbia Cupcake or Velvet Cupcake and see if they will let you do a cake tasting. In the non fancy version, go to one of those places and buy one of every flavor of cupcake, and then go home and have a tasting party with a bottle of champagne to cleanse the palette (you could also buy a couple of different champagnes and do a champagne tasting too if you feel up to it).

2. Couples Massages. If you and your significant other like to relax, then this is for you. Columbia’s Massage Envy has a lot of choices for couples massages. Their three most popular are the Swedish massage, cranial sacral therapy and hot stone envy. Although the second choice may sound like some sort of skull torture, the massage description actually sounds super relaxing. According to Massage Envy’s website, cranial sacral therapy is a massage that focuses on the head, neck and shoulders to provide headache relief.

3. Shooting Range. What better way to increase sexy adrenaline than shooting guns? You and your special friend could go to Target Masters and rent a lane and have a competition to see who is the better shot. Just know, if you decide to do this, it is closed on Sundays, so you would have to do this part of your Valentine’s Day celebration the day before.

4. Ragtag Cinema. If you are really into movies but always go to regular theaters, consider going to Ragtag Cinema for a change. They show independent films, so there’s a good chance you and your boo haven’t seen the movies playing before. Check Ragtag’s website to see what they are showing.

5. Devil’s Ice Box. Just think about it. You know your significant other looks super cute all bundled up. If you guys go hike at Rock Bridge Memorial State Park, you’ll be able to enjoy Valentine’s Day surrounded by nature and your love. Sounds pretty romantic to me.

6. Paint while you drink. So even if you usually drink on an ordinary night out, when was the last time you painted while you drank? Columbia has many places that allow you to do just that such as The Canvas on Broadway. Even if you aren’t good at art, it would still be fun to go.

7. Columbia Highlights. Go online and look up the best places to eat in Columbia. Then pick a different place to go to for appetizers, dinner, dessert and drinks. You could even only do places that you’ve never been before to add another fun element.

8. Paintballing. Have you had some pent up anger building up inside of you against your significant other lately? Take it out by paintballing at Battle Creek Paintball. It seems like you’re being super romantic, but you can secretly use it to get a chance to shoot that person who is making you angry with a paintball gun and watch them get all covered in paint.

9. Board Game Night with Stakes. Go to Walmart or Target and buy some board games. When you get home, add your own rules. Some examples: Whoever wins gets a 15 minutes massage, every time you roll a three you have to take a shot, the first person to 10 points gets to demand something from the other, etc. Be creative.

10. Be a Bartender. This is a simple one. Go online and find five drinks that you have never tried before. Bonus points if they are somewhat complicated. Then go buy the ingredients and make them! You’ll probably figure out more fun things to do once you’re drunk too.

Schedule

HC Contributer Mizzou