This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

What time is it? It’s (almost) summertime! It’s my fave season for fashion because maxi dresses are on the same level of comfort as leggings, but they make me look like I have my life together when I wear one. Here are some affordable summer dresses you need to add to your wish list for the new season:

Open Shoulder from Forever 21

Price: $14.90

This is a staple dress for those crazy summer nights. It’s one that you could totally rock with a cute belt or a pretty straw hat.

High Low Dress from Lulu’s

Price: $52.00

High low dresses are the fad right now. Throw in some cute wedges for the perfect night out and about.

Maxi Dress from Lyfie

Price: $34.90

I’m a sucker for a dress with a cute back! I would personally wear my hair up with this dress to show off its cute features.

Off Shoulder Floral Print from Chicnico

Price: $33.99

Show off those sweet shoulders this summer with this sassy dress. It would truly be the perfect dress for any occasion!

Crochet Maxi Dress from Lucky

Price: $48.99

Beach goddess vibes with this maxi. Spritz some sea salt spray in your hair to go with that natural beachy flow.

V Neck Dress from Showpo

Price: $57.95

Every lady needs at least one dress with a plunging neckline. This dress is so versatile that you could wear it to the beach or when you’re going out!

Open Shoulder Pastel from Target

Price: $24.99

This pretty and lightweight pastel dress from Target should be in every gal’s wardrobe. And you can choose if you’d like to rock this in lilac or pink (or maybe both!)

Maxi Dress from Hello Molly

Price: $67.00

Channel your inner Angelina Jolie in this striking maxi dress with a large slit. It’d be perfect for a cute summer date with its flirty and floral print!

Get shopping, Gophers!!

Erin Gallagher is a sophomore at the University of Minnesota studying child psychology. Her dream job is being a therapist for adolescents and helping them through their difficult times. In her freetime, she loves to lift weights at the gym and see movies with her friends. Follow her on Instagram to see what she's up to! @eringallagher96
Anna Rosin

Minnesota

I'm from St. Louis, Missouri and I'm currently going to school at the University of Minnesota, located in Minneapolis.