This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

For those of you who grew up in the Midwest, you know that ice cream is an important staple. This article says that ice cream stimulates your brain and boosts your energy. Everybody needs a cute little ice cream shop that is perfect for a first date, girls night, study break or just a late night snack. The U hasn’t had an ice cream shop ever since Dairy Queen and Yogurt Lab closed a couple of years ago, leaving us ice cream fanatics hanging. Wonder’s ice cream answered the call just a couple weeks ago, and it was a much needed addition to Dinkytown, but you’re probably wondering if it’s worth your money. My answer is yes. Here’s why:

Wonder’s boasts a wide variety of rolled ice cream; from classic flavors such as Cookie Monster, Strawberry, and Oreo, to edgy and creative flavors such as Nutella Banana, Sour Tang and Mangonada. They have a flavor for every personality. They also serve ice cream burritos, where you pick your ice cream and they stuff it into a waffle shell. It’s perfect if you’re looking for a quick bite.

What’s even more pleasing, besides the taste, is watching as they roll the ice cream into a perfect, even size without leaving a single scrap out. It’s the Hibachi of ice cream, and satisfying as heck!

The only downside is that the wait is around ten minutes, so it’s not a good idea to drop by if you have a fifteen-minute break in between classes. It’s like what they always say, good things take time, especially when it comes to ice cream.

Check out Wonder’s Ice Cream in Dinkytown! 

Ava Thompson

Minnesota '22

A freshman at the University of Minnesota hoping to study Political Science. Lover of all things food, nature, and Minneapolis!
Jillian McMahan

Minnesota '19

Jillian McMahan is a senior studying child psychology at the University of Minnesota. She aspires to one day be the Leslie Knope of her workplace.