This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

Her Campus Minnesota is an amazing organization built on empowering women, and there are plenty of women doing behind the scene work to ensure we’re doing the best we can. We’re most popular for our articles published on our website, but we actually have more teams, aside from Editorial, that don’t get the credit they deserve. One of those teams is the Social Media Team. This team is responsible for our Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram accounts. They post relatable pictures, keep us informed about events we’re having and things we’re doing with their daily postings. This team wouldn’t be as awesome as it is without its members so let’s meet them!

Greta Thun

Greta Thun sits on the Executive Board as the Director of Social Media and has been a part of Her Campus Minnesota since we first launched back in April. Since she’s the leader of the Social Media Team, Greta doesn’t post on the accounts often, but she makes sure all of our social media platforms are funny, relatable and #aesthetic. She’s a junior here at the U majoring in Elementary Education. She decided to join Her Campus because she wanted to be more involved on campus in an organization that supports her and her ideas and is built on empowering women. Her favorite part about joining Her Campus thus far has been meeting driven women who empower, support, and push her to do her best work.

Brooke Behrens

Brooke Behrens is a freshman majoring in Nutrition and has been in Her Campus since the Fall 2016 semester. Brooke is responsible for our Twitter account so she reads all the articles before they’re published and comes up with a little blurb, 140 characters or less, that intrigues people to read the article. She said she joined because, “Even though I’m not majoring in anything relating to communications, I love to write and everything having to do with the field. It’s a fun way to get involved with something I like to do, plus I love Her Campus and what it stands for!” She loves going to the meetings on Sundays and hearing about everything the other members are doing to make the organization better. She says everyone’s always kind and helpful and our members make her feel welcome.

Katie Schmidt

Katie Schmidt is a freshman majoring in Graphic Design and has been in Her Campus since this fall. Katie’s role on the team is to post on our Instagram account once a day. She also does some graphic design projects; for example she recently created the Hot Cocoa with Her Campus flyers. She joined for networking purposes and because it’s such a great way to meet other people around the U. So far, she’s enjoyed all the team bonding we’ve done, such as dinner at Applebee’s and Annie’s. A fun fact about Katie is that she’s an awesome athlete–she’s ran several half marathons and is considering running a full one soon. She also joined the Men’s Rowing Team as a coxswain this year.

Justine Perez

Justine Perez is a junior at the U majoring in Journalism and also joined Her Campus this fall. Justine posts the content you see on our Facebook and Instagram accounts. Similar to what Brooke does on the Twitter account, she reads the articles that are going to be published and posts them on Facebook with a status that’ll intrigue people to go read it. On our Instagram account she posts relatable content, such as funny quotes or pictures from Gopher gameday. She joined to get experience working for a publication and so far she’s enjoyed bonding with all the girls in the club and gaining valuable experience.

As you can see, our social media team has some awesome members. If you haven’t yet, go like our page on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see their work in action!

Emily Monday

Minnesota '20

Proud Wisconsinite and die hard Packer fan. Avid coffee drinker, dog lover, and Netflix binge watcher.