This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

Check out the writers behind Her Campus Minnesota’s articles! These women are inspiring, funny, thoughtful, kind and talented. They love to write and share their thoughts with University of Minnesota Collegiettes.

Nora Allen

What would we do without Nora? She’s our Senior Editor and an excellent leader. Nora’s a senior studying Professional Journalism and Gender, Women and Sexuality Studies. Her passion for what she does is evident; Nora said, “My favorite thing about Her Campus is how much creativity it inspires in the writers. I get to read 12-20 pieces each week that make me think, make me laugh until I cry, and inspire my inner activist.” Her favorite piece she’s written is “5 Questions You Get Asked as a White, Straight Woman in an Interracial Relationship.” When she’s not busy with Her Campus (which is almost never), Nora likes to sing with her acapella group, knit, cook and reminisce with music from her childhood.  

Anna Joy Rosin

Anna is Her Campus Minnesota’s trusted Assistant Editor! She’s a sophomore studying English Literature and her dream job is to be a freelance photographer and journalist. “HC makes me want to do good and pushes me to use my voice,” Anna said. She loves to write pieces that give advice to other collegiettes; need some help spicing it up in the bedroom? Check out Anna’s favorite piece she’s written, “The Colligete’s Unofficial Guide to Dirty Talk.”

Emily Monday

Emily’s a freshman from Pewaukee, Wisconsin. She’s hoping to major in Strategic Communication and someday wants to work in advertising or public relations. Her favorite thing about Her Campus is getting to know such inspiring women, and she loves to write funny, light articles. She’s currently teaching herself how to play ukulele and brags that she could eat mac ‘n’ cheese for every meal without feeling any shame. Check out her favorite piece she’s written, “Gopher Confessions: First Date Horror Stories”!

Rachel Leibovich

Rachel’s a sophomore studying Art History and Anthropology, and she is, in fact, named after Rachel from “Friends”! She writes about a diverse range of topics, and she loves that Her Campus provides her the platform to do so. Her favorite article she’s written for Her Campus is “Your Rape Jokes Will Never Be Funny,” a hard-hitting and extremely relevant piece. Rachel’s been bit by the travel bug and hopes to find a career that will allow her to travel anywhere and everywhere.

Jillian McMahan

Illinois-native Jillian is a sophomore studying Psychology. She’s passionate about writing because it gives her a platform to express her thoughts. Jillian loves to write about her college experiences so she can give women who are going through similar situations as herself advice. In her free time, you can find Jillian studying at Bordertown Café, reading, baking, doing calligraphy or indulging in her guilty pleasure: listening to boy bands. If you’re in need of a good movie, check out Jillian’s favorite piece, “8 Best Romantic Movies on Netflix” for a recommendation!

Hannah Fox

A junior studying Journalism and French, Hannah’s favorite things to write are features and reviews on topics like fashion, lifestyle, art and personal experiences. Hannah says she loves to write because, “It gives me a chance to reflect and take my time when there is a conflict. On a more positive note I think it is a creative outlet, and because it comes naturally to me, I love it.” According to Hannah, she’s “basically a 45-year-old woman” because she’s an avid Yelp-er and loves talk radio. Her favorite HC article she’s written is “The 5 Stages of a Breakup.”

Lauren Roberta Madden

Who says science brains can’t be creative? Lauren’s a junior studying Neuroscience and Computer Science, but she loves expressing her creativity through writing with Her Campus. Lauren said she writes because, “I want my voice to be heard, but I can’t sing, I can’t act, and I’m not nearly cool enough to be a vlogger. It’s also an incredible feeling when someone tells you they enjoyed reading your article, because you enjoyed writing it.” Also, Lauren’s an incredibly brave soul; she went a week without social media! Check out her article about it here.

Kyley Wolff

Interior Design sophomore from Duluth, Kyley, loves Her Campus because it allows her voice to be heard on campus. Someday, she hopes to own her own furniture company. Kyley currently has 11 piercings and one tattoo and doesn’t plan to stop there. What’s #1 on Kyley’s bucket list? Swimming with sharks. Stay tuned for her favorite article she’s written, “12 Things Design Majors are Tired of Hearing” that will be published later this week!

Erika Voeller

Erika’s a senior from Buffalo, Minnesota studying Strategic Communication and German. Her Campus is important to Erika because, “I love having an outlet to express myself, a place to build my professional skills, and such a large support system of amazing women.” Here’s something not everyone can say about themselves: Erika is a descendent of two presidents – John Quincy Adams and John Adams! Erika says her favorite Her Campus piece she’s written was her profile on our student body president, Abeer Syedah.

Robin Lindemann

Robin, a junior from Coon Rapids, is a Journalism major. She loves to write about her own experiences, and she uses writing as an outlet to destress. Robin is a baker that could compete with any Food Network star, a lover of movies and TV, and is a self-proclaimed extreme couponer. Check out her favorite (and incredibly hilarious) HC article, “20 GIFs to Send In Response to an Unsolicited Dick Pic.”

Kaylee Shields

Kaylee joined Her Campus because, “It’s a great way to blend my academic, professional, and personal interests.” Kaylee’s a sophomore majoring in Journalism and minoring in Leadership, who loves to write about things that are important to women on campus. Her favorite quiet study spot on campus is the architecture library in Rapson Hall; it’s usually not crowded and the building is really neat. Kaylee says there are two things she couldn’t live without: her heated blanket or Frank’s hot sauce. If you’re going through a rough breakup, check out Kaylee’s hella empowering article later this week, “How My Breakup Boosted My Confidence.”

Addison Blair

Addison’s a junior studying Early Childhood Education and Child Psychology, and her dream job is to be a preschool teacher. She loves to write about DIYs and interior design, but her favorite piece she’s written is quite serious. “My favorite article I’ve written would be ‘An Open Letter to My Unfaithful Ex.’ After it was published, I had people (some that I didn’t even know) reaching out to me about how reading my piece has helped them see the light at the end of the tunnel they are currently in and how they could relate to a lot of the things I wrote.” Her #1 thing on her bucket list is to visit Australia to hold kangaroos; she shamelessly admitted that the first time she got to hold a joey, she cried.

Brittany Tedford

When asked what her guilty pleasure is, Brittany said, “garlic bread.” When asked what the one thing she couldn’t live without is, Brittany also said, “garlic bread.” Clearly, she’s got her priorities in line. Brittany is a senior from Andover studying Professional Journalism, and she’s great at writing pieces that bring up the tough stuff. “I want people to read what I write and feel inspired to go and make a change and fight,” Brittany said. An article by Brittany that does all of this is her response to Silha Lecturer Randall L. Kennedy.

Erin Gallagher

Erin, a sophomore studying Child Psychology, hopes to become a child psychologist and work with adolescents with eating disorders. Erin likes to write mostly political articles because she has “very strong opinions about what’s going on in our country.” Take a look at her favorite article, “My Reaction to Hillary Clinton’s “Mirrors” and Trump’s Body Shaming.” In her free time, Erin enjoys going to the gym, doing yoga, reading poetry and sleeping.

Victoria Vorce

Victoria is a sophomore from Lakeville. She said, “Writing is important to me because without it I would have no outlet for everything in my brain.” Victoria is a pro at writing relatable pieces that’ll have you thinking, “That’s totally me.” She loves to dance, sing, write, hang out with friends and watch Netflix. Victoria has been in two pageants in her life!

Natalee Gustin

Hey, it’s me! I’m Natalee, a sophomore from Green Bay, Wisconsin, studying English and hoping to get my master’s in Education. Writing has always been a huge part of my life, and I hope to inspire students to love to read and write the way my high school English teachers inspired me. My favorite piece I’ve written for Her Campus was “7 Twin-Cities Date Ideas That Won’t Break the Bank,” because it actually scored some of my friends dates! When I’m not doing schoolwork, you can find me daydreaming, obsessing over The Lumineers or eating anything I can find with sugar.

Keep checking back with Her Campus Minnesota to see the amazing pieces from our even more amazing writers!

Natalee is a sophomore at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities. Despite being a girl from Green Bay in Vikings territory, she loves her Minnesota home.