This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

College is an adventure. It’s this weird stage between being a teenager and becoming an adult. We’re thinking about our careers one day and screaming the Minnesota Rouser at the top of our lungs the next. We’re constantly busy, hungover and sleep-deprived, but it never lasts as long as we’d like it to. In order to make your short but thrilling years here at the U count, here are some things to add to your college bucket list.

1. Survive dorm life.

Having a room the size of a large closet, living off of ramen noodles, popcorn, and dining hall food and sharing a shower with ten other girls is all a life-altering experience, but don’t worry, it’s only a matter of time until you don’t have to shower with flip flops on anymore.

2. Make a cookie-ice cream sandwich in the dining hall.

Yeah, yeah. You’re welcome.

3. Pay way too much for rent.

We have a priceless skyline, the second most theaters per capita in the U.S., and the glory that is Target Field. As amazing as Minneapolis is, it was ranked the 4th most expensive city to live in in America. Get ready to ramp up your money-saving skills.

4. Explore the Weisman Art Museum on East Bank.

Filled with beautiful historical artwork and thought-provoking exhibits, this museum is an easy and worthwhile go-to for a few hours of entertainment. Also, admission is free. Need I say more?

5. Eat Mesa at 2 am in Dinkytown.

It’s the classic late-night, by-the-slice pizza joint that every college town needs. It’s totally worth waiting in that line out the door. Mac and cheese pizza doesn’t disappoint.

6. Get at least one killer picture with Goldy.

Ask any student on campus – we have one of the best and cheeriest mascots in the Big 10 Conference. No U of M experience is complete without a solid photo featuring our favorite thirteen-striped ground squirrel.

7. Rush the field/court.

Even if you’ve had the privilege of experiencing this already, it’s an event every Gopher sports fan dreams of. One day you’ll be at the right game at the right time, and hopefully you’ll be wearing your Gopheralls for the occasion.

8. Hang a pair of shoes on the Shoe Tree on West Bank.

You’ve probably seen this peculiar scene on the west end of the Washington Avenue Bridge. Nobody seems to know how this urban art tradition got started. Some say you throw your shoes on it when you get your first F on a test. Others say you do it when you lose your virginity. Still, others say you add to the tradition when you graduate, or just for no reason at all, so I guess it’s really up to you. The only struggle is deciding which pair…

9. Take a nap in one of the big comfy chairs in Coffman…

…whether you’re planning on it or not. Public napping is fortunately a social norm on just about any college campus, so feel free to give one of those babies a try in-between classes one day. Surprisingly, they’re the perfect napping chairs.

10. Graduate.

Because that’s one of the main reasons we’re here, right?

You might already have knocked a few of these off your list, or even have a few of your own. Either way, grab some friends and make your U of M experience one that you’ll never forget.

Neuroscience major, Computer Science minor. Her Campus Minnesota Editorial Staff and Community Involvement Chair. My aesthetic is putting hot sauce on everything and watching cute videos of dogs.
Lauren is the Her Campus Correspondent at the University of Minnesota where she is currently studying Strategic Communications with and emphasis in Public Relations. Lauren also works for a national nonprofit organization called Miss Amazing that focuses on empowering women with disabilities by hosting programs offering the opportunity to develop life long skills, build confidence, express themselves, and create meaningful relationships. In addition to her work with Her Campus and Miss Amazing, Lauren also works as the Public Relations and Branding Coordinator at Metropolitan Salons and Spas and as an assistant at a law firm in downtown Minneapolis. When she isn't busy working, Lauren enjoys reading, shopping, spending time with her family and friends, and of course watching New Girl. Lauren is an enthusiast for many things: coffee, Kate Spade, office supplies, home décor, women's empowerment, and pugs, just to name a few. Lauren's favorite quote (right now) is, "Give me some wifi, a pair of heels, some coffee and watch me make the world go round." HCXO!