This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

We are quickly approaching the end of the semester, and finals week is in sight. For most of us, a strong mix of emotions are associated with taking our finals. Though we’re ecstatic that we’ve made it through another entire semester, finals simply suck. Here are some cat gifs that perfectly sum up what we’re all thinking during finals week.

When you realize how close finals week really is:

And all of a sudden you’re determined to get down to business:

But before you can even think about studying, you have to wrap up those last few assignments before they’re due at midnight:

Studying involves coffee, and sometimes you’ve consumed so much espresso that you walk out of the library like this:

From the coffee and all of the work you’re doing, eventually your sleep schedule is going to fall apart:

Sometimes what you really need is a quick catnap to get through your study session:

Or maybe you and your best friend need to catch up on some Netflix and just wallow alongside one another:

But even after hours and hours of studying, you start to consider a new career path:

When you take a look at your planner and realize you have two finals scheduled back-to-back:

You power on until the day of your first final arrives. Then, you sit down to take your exam and it looks nothing like the material that you studied:

Even though you have no idea what’s going on, there’s no turning back from here:

Then it all seems worth it when you get your test scores back and you aced that final that you studied HOURS for:

And all of a sudden your finals are done and you’ve completed a semester! Time to celebrate and go out with your friends again:

Good luck on finals and happy studying, Gophers!

Kaylee Shields

Minnesota '18

Kaylee is the President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Minnesota. She's a junior studying journalism with a minor in leadership, and loves all things HC! Her favorite things to write about? Students who are making a difference in the UMN community, relationships and dating, and local news in the Twin Cities.