This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

While I someday wish to live in a world where all of my makeup comes from Sephora, Mac or the Nordstrom beauty counter, my current college student budget can barely afford makeup from the dollar store. When I do have some extra cash, I love trying the new drugstore beauty products to find my next go-to. Here are a few of my current favorite drugstore beauty buys:

Neutrogena Skinclearing Mineral Powder: $9.99

I’m a sucker for foundation that has a mirror built in, but that’s not the only reason why this product made the cut. It’s very lightweight, but still gives a lot of coverage for when those nasty stress breakouts happen. It also has salicylic acid in it, so it helps your skin clear up while you’re wearing it.

Maybelline Cover Stick Concealer: $4.99

This has been my go-to concealer basically since I figured out what the heck concealer was. It’s super easy to use because you can just paint it on those sleep-deprived bags under your eyes, do a little blending, and you’re ready to conquer the day!

L’Oréal True Match Foundation: $8.89

This foundation gives so much coverage for a day’s worth of activities. My skin at 9:00 p.m. still looks as flawless as it did at 6:30 a.m. that morning. Plus, it comes in 22 different shades so there’s a good chance that your foundation will really be a “true match.”

Maybelline Master Contour: $7.99

Talk about a revolutionary product to add to your contour game! All you need is this stick and a blending sponge and you’re ready to look like Kim K with a flawless contour. Apply the bronzer side to your jawline and under your cheeks and just rotate the stick to finish your look with some nice highlights. Just remember to blend, blend, blend so you’re not going to class with random lines on your face. (Not talking from personal experience or anything…)

E.l.f. 3-in-1 Mascara: $3

I’m the pickiest person when it comes to my mascara because my mood heavily depends on how good my eyelashes look. It was a complete surprise to me that this $3 mascara from e.l.f. surpassed all of my other drugstore mascaras. I just love how the brush is so versatile and can attack each individual lash. It’s also super easy to build layers on top of each other, so if your lashes aren’t popping with one coat, try one or two more to truly see what this one can do!

Maybelline Master Prime Eyeshadow Base: $6.99

There’s nothing worse than looking in the mirror and realizing that all of the hard work you put in on your smoky eye disappeared just hours after being brought into this world. I was a firm believer that Urban Decay’s eyeshadow primer could not be rivaled, but I’ve definitely changed my mind since trying this primer by Maybelline.

Covergirl Eyeshadow in Shimmering Sands: $4.09

This eyeshadow trio is perfect for any occasion. Use the lighter shade during the day for a clean look, or use a combination of the three at night to make your eyes pop. With a little help from a primer, these shades stay on as long as you need them to.

Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner: $7.39

This is the perfect eyeliner for getting that wing *on point.* You can use it for small wings or you can use it for a fierce cat eye look. It has a great brush tip that really helps when you’re struggling to get your two wings even.

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Pumping Gloss: $10

The packaging alone gets a gold star. But the appearance of the lip gloss aside, the product itself is fabulous. You can actually feel your lips tingling while the plumper is doing its thing. It’s not sticky like most other lip plumping products, and it feels like an actual gloss. The best part is there are a ton of different shades to choose from so you can get a few for different occasions.

TRESemmé Fresh Start Basic Care Dry Shampoo: $4.99

This product is a lifesaver for your second (or third or fourth) day hair. Spray it on your roots, wait for about 30 seconds, and massage the product into your scalp and BAM. It’ll look like you just washed your hair that morning.  

Wet Brush: $8.99  

Everytime I get a haircut, my stylist asks me if I brush my hair when it’s wet or if I comb it. When I tell her that I brush it, she lectures me for the rest of the cut about how bad that is for my hair. After years of hearing the same story, she finally told me about a new product called a “wet brush.” This tool allows you to brush your hair while it’s still wet without the negative consequences! You don’t have to break combs while trying to get through your knots anymore. This is definitely a game changer!

I highly recommend these drugstore beauty products for anyone who’s in the market for new goodies on a budget! I’ll be keeping an eye out for the next best beauty buys, but in the meantime, get shopping!

Erin Gallagher is a sophomore at the University of Minnesota studying child psychology. Her dream job is being a therapist for adolescents and helping them through their difficult times. In her freetime, she loves to lift weights at the gym and see movies with her friends. Follow her on Instagram to see what she's up to! @eringallagher96