This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

Want to join a club or an organization at the University of Minnesota but don’t know if there’s one you’ll enjoy? Don’t worry, because the U has over 800 student groups that cover every interest possible. Here’s a list of just a few of the different clubs the U offers.  

Plan U

Do you like bullet journaling or decorating? Then Plan U is the club for you! They meet bimonthly to decorate planners, create bullet journal pages, make inspiration boards and more. All their activities help eliminate stress, promote growth and make friendships.

TandemPlus

If you’re trying to learn a new language, check out TandemPlus! They pair people learning a new language with a native speaker, so they can have conversations and meet new people. It’s a great way to improve your language skills while also learning more about the culture.

Ski and Snowboard Club

If you like skiing or snowboarding and are looking to go on more trips, you’d like the Ski and Snowboard Club. They do events such as social gatherings, movie premieres, trips to local ski hills and more.

Acts 2 Fellowship

Acts 2 Fellowship is a Christian group that meets to discuss the Bible and form relationships with other Christians at the U. If you’re looking to learn more about the Christian faith or strengthen yours, check them out!

PRISM

PRISM is based out of the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, but it’s open to all majors. They’re a student group that promotes diversity in media and have professional networking, campus events and leadership and teamwork skill building.

Students for a Democratic Society

If you’re interested in politics and fighting for what you believe in, check out Students for a Democratic Society, or SDS. Some of the things they fight against are racism, homophobia and sexism. Their events include educational events, grassroots campaigns, protests and cultural activities.

Sport Management Association

Here at the U, there are so many different clubs associated with our wide variety of majors. One example is the Sport Management Association. SMA works to provide the club members with insight on the sports marketplace. They attend games, have public speakers, tour facilities and volunteer. This is just one of many examples of the major centric clubs at the U.  

Clearly there are plenty of clubs at the University of Minnesota that are available for everyone to join. Check out a club you’re interested in and attend a meeting to get involved! To hear about a couple more student groups, read our articles on the Beauty Gurus and Special Olympics Minnesota. Don’t see one you like? Create your own! 

Emily Monday

Minnesota '20

Proud Wisconsinite and die hard Packer fan. Avid coffee drinker, dog lover, and Netflix binge watcher.
Anna Rosin

Minnesota

I'm from St. Louis, Missouri and I'm currently going to school at the University of Minnesota, located in Minneapolis.