The Best Drinks for the Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

Welcome to this year’s edition of how to get through holidays with your crazy extended family. Just kidding, it’s actually a list of different, cute holiday drinks, but it’s basically the same thing.

Candy Cane Cocoa

This is the perfect (non-alcoholic) version of hot chocolate to drink either cuddled up by the fire, while opening up presents or just to warm up. It’s easy to make and it’s a perfect mix of chocolate and peppermint.

Non-alcoholic Holiday Punch

This recipe takes a little bit longer to make because you have to let it refrigerate for a day so the flavors can mix, but it’s still easy. It’s fruity and delicious and perfect for any party.

Eggnog Coffee Punch

Personally I don’t like eggnog, but this drink is actually really good. It’s basically a coffee milkshake with eggnog as creamer. It’s a good drink for after a family dinner or to serve your guests during parties.

Coquito

I’ve actually never had this, but when I was looking drinks up it looked delicious. It’s basically tropical coconut eggnog with spices and white rum, and it’s the perfect “feel like you’re on the beach during the winter,” drink. 

Cappuccino in a Jar

This is a quick and easy way to make a cappuccino, but also a great gift. You basically make the mix according to the recipe, put it in a decorated jar, and give it to all the coffee lovers in your life.

Candy Cane Sparkler

If you like pomegranate and grenadine, this is the perfect drink for you. It’s fairly easy to make, delicious and festive, making it the perfect drink for your holiday parties this year.

Raspberry Cream Mimosa

This one also takes a little longer to make because it needs to freeze so I recommend making it the night before. However, it’s delicious and pink and will definitely be a hit with all your family and friends. Hopefully with these drinks you’ll be the ultimate party host. Enjoy making and drinking them and happy holidays!

Emily Monday

Minnesota '20

Proud Wisconsinite and die hard Packer fan. Avid coffee drinker, dog lover, and Netflix binge watcher.