sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Easy and Trendy Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

With Halloween quickly approaching, it’s time to decide on a costume for the coming festivities. However as a college student, it can be difficult to come up with something fresh and creative, especially if you’re on a budget. So here are some easy and trendy Halloween costume ideas for 2017!

1. Your fave Snapchat filter.

It’s the perfect time to wear a flower crown besides music festival season! Snapchat is very present in our society today, and has left us with some unforgettable filters. Go as your favorite food, animal or even your own bitmoji!

2. Georgie from Stephen King’s It.

Relive the epic thriller remake without breaking the bank! Simply put on a yellow poncho or raincoat, carry around a red balloon, and you’re all set.

3. Wonder Woman.

Who wouldn’t want to envision the badass superhero icon who defeated the Nazis in World War II all while wearing knee high wedged boots? Channel your inner girlboss with this DC Comics icon!

4. Your meme of choice.

What better way to remember 2017 than in memes! From Salt Bae, to the Blinking Guy, to even Meryl Streep singing, you’ll definitely have a lot to choose from.

5. A visual pun.

You’ll no doubt be the talk of the party with a fun costume like this, especially with those who have a love/hate relationship with puns. Some popular ones are the second amendment (the right to bear arms), a ceiling fan, and even the life of the party!

6. The various personalities of Taylor Swift.

Sorry, the old Taylor can’t come to the phone right now—you’ll have to specify which one. Taylor Swift’s new music video has truly showed that there is no limit to what personality she can embody. Get a group of friends together and relive your favorite memories from T-Swizzle!

7. Anything with animal ears.

Not much is required for this one—just a pair of animal ears from your local convenience store and whatever you have in your closet. I’ve spent many years wearing a black shirt, black leggings, and cat ears and calling it a day. You’ll still be able to be festive without all the hassle!

Happy Halloween, Gophers!

Lindsey Januszyk

Minnesota '20

Lindsey is a writer as well as Assistant Editor for Her Campus Minnesota. She is a third year double major in Child Psychology and English with a minor in Youth Studies. She loves running, listening to podcasts, and binging Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Hulu. 
Anna Rosin

Minnesota

I'm from St. Louis, Missouri and I'm currently going to school at the University of Minnesota, located in Minneapolis.