jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Reasons We Need Starbucks to Deliver

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

Coffee’s a great way to keep the morale alive while enduring that final push that is finals week. We’re all looking forward to the end of the semester and summer, but one thing stands in our way: finals. Without coffee we wouldn’t make it through, but why do we always have to leave our sacred study space to get that perfect cup? It would be so much better if they just delivered!

1. No one should see you in your best finals garb. Let’s be honest, the bed head, morning breath and sweat pants you’ve had since high school that you can’t give up aren’t exactly fashionable or trend staples of 2016. If Starbucks would just bring you you’re coffee, no one would have to suffer and see you in your “finals best”.

2. Lines are so long. Starbucks lines can get terrible whether it’s before those dreadful 8 a.m. classes or after the long days in class that never seem to end. If Starbucks delivered, we’d never have to deal with waiting in those long lines, and they could bring your coffee to you right when you’re ready to head to the library.

3. Distractions while trying to study at Starbucks are too strong. In store distractions make studying really hard, like that hipster barista with the clear-rimmed glasses that keeps looking at you from behind the espresso machine, or that annoying woman that’s been tapping her feet and clicking her pen to the beat of the overly loud pop music you can hear through her headphones. If they just delivered, we could have the best of both worlds: a quiet study space and our favorite cup of coffee.

4. It’ll wake you up so you don’t have to put yourself in danger of hitting someone else on your way. Not only is coffee great to help you focus and get your study sessions done at the library or in your room, but also it can help keep you awake. Needless to say, coffee shouldn’t be used in place of restful sleep, but if you need a little pick me up to keep going, you’re probably exhausted. Why risk your life or the life of someone else by dragging yourself there? Just have them deliver it to you and you’ll be all set, and everyone would be safe.

5. They taste so much better from the store. I understand that a nice cup of Joe fresh from your cute little Keurig is always nice before class, because let’s be real, who can afford Starbucks every day? Getting a Frappuccino from Starbucks made by your favorite barista just brightens your day. They taste so much better with whipped cream than your plain old cup of breakfast blend that came from a can of really old coffee grounds you bought the first week of college that you feel obligated to use because #BrokeCollegeStudent.

There’s no doubt that we’d all benefit from early morning or late night coffee delivery so why don’t companies capitalize on this? If they did, it’s practically guaranteed that they’d get so much more business, especially during finals week.Who doesn’t want to get a Starbucks drink delivered so they can continue watching their favorite show on Netflix?

Lauren is the Her Campus Correspondent at the University of Minnesota where she is currently studying Strategic Communications with and emphasis in Public Relations. Lauren also works for a national nonprofit organization called Miss Amazing that focuses on empowering women with disabilities by hosting programs offering the opportunity to develop life long skills, build confidence, express themselves, and create meaningful relationships. In addition to her work with Her Campus and Miss Amazing, Lauren also works as the Public Relations and Branding Coordinator at Metropolitan Salons and Spas and as an assistant at a law firm in downtown Minneapolis. When she isn't busy working, Lauren enjoys reading, shopping, spending time with her family and friends, and of course watching New Girl. Lauren is an enthusiast for many things: coffee, Kate Spade, office supplies, home décor, women's empowerment, and pugs, just to name a few. Lauren's favorite quote (right now) is, "Give me some wifi, a pair of heels, some coffee and watch me make the world go round." HCXO!