5 Reasons to Love Her Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

Her Campus is an online magazine that publishes articles by college women for college women with over 300 college chapters in 9 different countries across the globe. Minnesota’s Her Campus chapter was founded in the Spring of 2016 and has grown dramatically over the past seven months. While there are so many reasons I love this organization, here are just five of the top reasons why you should love Her Campus, too.

Supporting Women’s Voices On Campus

Her Campus is all about promoting the voices of women on campus and letting others know what our opinions are, what we’re experiencing and what unites us as a community. Her Campus allows women to express their opinions in writing, as well as plan events around campus and promote our name and our mission. It’s so important for women’s voices to be present on campus, as we represent half of the student body at the University of Minnesota. It’s all too often that women aren’t given a platform on which their voices can be heard, which is where Her Campus comes in! 

Welcoming Group of Women

The first reason I was so excited to join Her Campus was because I knew how welcoming the group was. Her Campus has such a variety of people with different backgrounds and experiences, but we come together with the same values and passions. No two of us are exactly the same cookie-cutter type, and we all love that and support each other in everything, even if we don’t all share the same experiences or opinions. We love having perspective members join us at meetings and are always warm and welcoming to new members.

Developing Career Skills

Having Her Campus on a resume helps plenty, not to mention the actions you take with Her Campus help prepare you for the business world. You’ll be able to say you planned events, wrote tons of pieces, and attended conferences all about bettering yourself and pursuing your passions. Additionally, there are many leadership positions that can be fitting towards any major. How many other groups give you those opportunities?

Supportive of All Student Groups

As members of Her Campus, we support all student groups and love to hear others’ opinions. We want to hear from everyone and have everyone be involved. We love to write profiles about other student groups and hear their viewpoints, and of course, we love to offer our support! 

Exploring What the Community is Interested In

Although as a writer I like to write things I’m interested in, I also like to write things that students on campus are interested in. I want people to WANT to read my pieces, making it my duty to discover what’s going on around campus and what other’s are talking about. Her Campus is always attending events around campus, watching for news and taking on issues that are on the forefront for female college students. 

Her Campus is such an easy thing to love with the endless things they do to support the community. If you’re interested in Her Campus, join us for our event, Hot Cocoa with Her Campus on December 4th in Coffman at 7:30 p.m. to learn more. Thanks collegiettes!