5 Questions I Had During the Jane the Virgin Season 4 Premiere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

I don’t know about you, but when I find out that someone watches Jane the Virgin, I immediately want to be their best friend. To say that I love the show would be an understatement. With complicated romances, telenovela dramas, accidental inseminations, crazy twin sisters and twists and turns in every direction, Jane the Virgin truly has it all. Here are 5 questions that I had while watching the Jane the Virgin Season 4 premiere!

CAUTION: Spoilers ahead. There, I warned you… Now let’s begin.

1. Why is Tyler Posey so beautiful?

In last season’s finale, we were left with the reunion of Jane and her first love before she met Michael and Rafael. I’m not going to lie, I was (and I still am very much) heartbroken at the death of Michael and was vehemently opposed to any other potential love figure in her life. But after meeting the rebellious hipster Adam, played by the gorgeous Tyler Posey, I am starting to open up to the idea of Jane with another love. My heart melted when they started to catch up with one another on the beach, even if their love was at one time forbidden by Alba and Xiomara.

2. Can you believe the truth behind Jane’s Love Theme?

I was SHOOK when I found out that Jane’s Love Theme (the acoustic guitar music that we hear in the background every time Jane is in a romantic situation) was written by Adam. All of the moments Jane has been with Michael and Rafael were tied, in a way, back to Adam with the music. The fact that Michael’s romantic letter written before their wedding ended up in the hands of Adam also makes me feel like it was fate that they reconnected in this season. I am still not sure that they’ll last, since they are very different kinds of people, but as of right now I’m having fun with the possibility of the two.

3. Why is there a second Latin Lover Narrator?

As much as you can tell that I like Adam, why does a new narrator have to be a part of the picture? I was getting super annoyed throughout the episode as the OG narrator and Adam’s new narrator were fighting over the limelight of speaking. The Latin Lover Narrator is such a quintessential part of the show, and adding another voice just distracts from him.

4. Why is Jane still pining for Rafael?

The fact that Jane still has feelings for Rafael frustrates me. This is because it almost feels to me as if Jane’s settling for her second choice. I know that they’ve been together through it all, and that he’s been a major friend and supporter to her throughout Michael’s death, but it kind of cheapens the love story of Michael and Jane if she wants to go back to the guy who was fighting for her love alongside of Michael. I love Raf, and the friendship him and Jane share, but we should only keep it at that, given his history with Michael. It just feels wrong. On the other hand, I know that everyone who is #TeamRafael is probably excited to see her like him, even if the feelings don’t reciprocate.

5. Anezka and Louisa… new BFFS?

The comradery between Louisa and Anezka is hilarious to me. With both of them being lying, manipulative, and rejected siblings of Petra and Rafael, it makes sense that they would team up against the two and try to take over the hotel. Even though we’re given Louisa’s background of dating a serial killer and crime lord, it still surprised me that she would stoop as low as to plot to kill Petra with Anezka in this episode. I don’t know about you, but I always thought of her as more of a comedic, tragic role, but not a full out villain. Let’s hope that Petra makes her way out of their grips…

I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode and am super excited for finding out more each Friday. Who else is pumped to see how the rest of the season turns out?

Anna Rosin

Minnesota

I'm from St. Louis, Missouri and I'm currently going to school at the University of Minnesota, located in Minneapolis.