10 Reasons You Should Attend the Ivory Tower Launch Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

Ivory Tower is THE Art and Literary Magazine here on the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities campus. It’s annually created by and for undergraduates. Ivory Tower is currently a class offered through the U of M English department, as well. The class offers real world experience in magazine publication and it’s not limited to English majors. The 2017 Ivory Tower staff and contributors have been working on this magazine diligently since September, and they’re eager to share it with the campus, so please come join them on Wednesday, April 26th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. to celebrate the launch of the magazine! Just in case you’re not convinced yet, here are some reasons why you should attend:

You’ll hear some of this year’s contributors read their pieces.

You’ll be able to see the original art pieces featured in this year’s edition.

There’ll be free food.

It’s hosted at the beautiful Weisman Art Museum.

There will be amazing contemporary harp music.

You’ll get a free copy of the 2017 edition of Ivory Tower.

They’re collaborating with the WAM Artistic-in-Residence, Rebecca Krinke, for an artistic dance performance that highlights The Talking Cure, a WAM exhibit.

The event itself is free.

Your presence will support and celebrate creative expression!

It’ll be fun.

Need I say more? See you there, Gophers! 

Anna Rosin

Minnesota

I'm from St. Louis, Missouri and I'm currently going to school at the University of Minnesota, located in Minneapolis.