This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

A surprise gift sent to your front door once a month, every month, is the best kind of gift. Subscription boxes are one of the most innovative things we have seen in the 2010’s, so this is a trend you might want to take a look into. Here are the ten best boxes that are on the market right now for you or a friend!

Quirky Crate

If you or someone you know is a self proclaimed weirdo, then I highly suggest looking into this box. Essentially funky, fun and colorful nick nacks will be collected in a box and shipped to the “not-so-basic-girl” each month.

Vellabox

This subscription service sends you one candle a month, need I say more? Running out of candles will not be a problem anymore.

Birchbox

A beauty subscription box that sends sample and full size beauty products, skin care items, perfume and nail care goods. Each month is a surprise and revolves around a theme. For example, the February box had the perfect products for a romantic date night.

Graze

Calling all snackers! If you want new and healthy snacking options, this box is for you. For less than ten dollars a month, yummy snacks that won’t make you feel guilty will be sent to your door. Your spring break bod won’t suffer and neither will your bank account.

Hello Fresh

The hardcore foodies and the lazy college students who want to eat healthier will collectively go crazy for this box. The subscription portion of this company is all up to you, whether you need three meals a week or three meals a month. The box contains the ingredients for an entire healthy meal that can be made in less than thirty minutes.

FabFitFun

This is more of a lifestyle box. It includes beauty, fitness, fashion and household items. Opening this box is quite the surprise as you don’t know what could be coming your way, but it’s so much fun. The box is sent out seasonally.

Barkbox

A monthly box that will make all dogs happy now exists. Toys and treats delivered monthly will strengthen any doggy and owner bond. There will be no more hassle of having to constantly buy new toys after old ones get destroyed if you welcome Barkbox into your life.

Pura Vida Monthly Club

For $14.95 a month you will receive three bracelets handcrafted by artisans around the world. Money from all purchases is donated to more than 174 different organizations worldwide. This is perfect for those who like laid back beachy jewelry and giving back.

STICKII Club

This box sends crafters and planners everywhere themed sticker packs. Several sheets will be included, just waiting to be used!  

Yogi Surprise

This subscription box will send all the U of M yogis straight into a downward dog. This exciting box includes yoga products, such as essential oils and stretch bands, from around the world. Yoga journeys will be heightened one month at at time.

All ten of these boxes are affordable, unique and a great way to add a touch of fun to any month. These boxes will make frequent trips to the store a thing of the past! Look into these boxes and find one that is perfect for you or someone you love.

Jillian McMahan

Minnesota '19

Jillian McMahan is a senior studying child psychology at the University of Minnesota. She aspires to one day be the Leslie Knope of her workplace.