This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Need new songs to add to your playlist for going to the gym, communiting to work or school? Want some songs to add to your international women’s day playlist? Look no farther! Here are 10 songs to empower and inspire you from some bad ass women artists:

Most Girls- Hailee Steinfield

“Most Girls” is about how all women are different and unique in their own way! 

Iconic line: “Most girls, work hard, go far, we are unstoppable”

Cherry Bomb- The Runaways

This classic song is just so fun to listen to, it gives the motivation to kick butt while jamming out to this classic rock song.

Iconic line: “Hello world! I’m your wild girl.”

Woman- Ke$ha

Kesha always makes bops, but this one especially slaps! It’s the ultimate women empowerment song to jam to on the way to your 9-5. 

Iconic line: “Don’t buy me a drink, I make my money. Don’t touch my weave, don’t call me honey.”

Just A Girl- No Doubt

I remember LOVING this song when I was little (and I still do now). It’s about how there are so many restrictions on women and girls that they can’t do this or that. The song is mocking the phrase “just a girl.” Probably one of my top fave women empowerment songs.

Iconic line: “I’m just a girl in the world. That’s all that you’ll let me be!”

No Scrubs- TLC

An iconic song that everyone knows the lyrics to, basically saying how cat calling women will get you nowhere.

Iconic line: the whole song tbh

Juice- Lizzo

Again, another iconic song! This song just makes you feel good and want to dance.

Iconic line: “If I’m shinin’, everybody gonna shine”

God is a Woman- Ariana Grande

Despite being controversial to some because of the title, this has to be on a women empowerment playlist. It’s fun and catchy that anyone would dance to and feel inspired.

Iconic line: “And I can be all the things you told me not to be. When you try to come for me, I keep on flourishing”

Scheiße- Lady Gaga

I couldn’t let a whole article go without mentioning the queen could I? This song is hardcore and if you put this on your gym playlist, I promise you’ll be running faster than ever.

Iconic line: “Express your woman-kind fight for your right”

Man! I Feel like a Woman-Shania Twain

Another song that I loved as a kid. It’s such an upbeat song with good lyrics. 

Iconic line: “The best thing about being a woman is the prerogative to have a little fun.”

Confident- Demi Lovato

Another great song for your gym playlist, it’s fast paced and honeslty, makes you feel good about yourself!

Iconic line: “So you say I’m complicated, But you’ve had me underrated”

Happy International Women’s Day and remember to celebrate all the women in your life everyday!

HCXO, Erika

Erika Stewart

Millersville '20

"be the moon and inspire people even when you're far from full" Millersville '20, History and PR Major, avid Lady Gaga fan and kinda of, sorta, a mess
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3