Why I Love Being the “Goodie Goodie”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Many times throughout my life, I have been labeled a “goodie goodie.” Some may be offended or hate this term. I, however, love being labeled this. In reality, if I’m going to be labeled something based on my beliefs and values of life, then I sure am happy to only be getting this.

A lot of people make fun of me because often times I don’t choose to break the rules. I love the fact that I can say I have never smoked pot or gotten involved with hard drugs. If having a smart mind and a bright future means I don’t get involved with the crowd who lives to smoke pot, then count me in. I would rather look back at my college experience as having my head screwed on straight, rather than popping Adderall before a party. I don’t really care if you want me to go out on a Wednesday or Thursday, because I literally don’t want to. I’m missing out on the fun you say? I’m not apologizing for doing my homework so I can actually learn what I’m going to school for. I’m sure you all really didn’t miss me that much.

Image courtesy of Giphy

If being a “goodie goodie” means prioritizing what’s actually important and not spending every hour of my life worrying about what is going on this weekend, then please, do not remove my label. I am who I am, and I’m not apologizing for being myself! I have been told many times “I wish I could be more like you. You care about everyone and stay away from bad choices.” If that’s the case, then join the club! It’s really not that hard to take pride in your self-beliefs.

I’m not saying that everyone should be like me. If you are focused on bettering yourself, great! If you live for breaking the rules and getting what you want out of your college experience, that’s great too. Just please don’t label me if I don’t label you. I am who I am, with or without your opinion.

Jordan Ettien

Millersville '17

A recent 2017 grad from Millersville University of Pennsylvania! I hold a bachelor's of science in business administration with a concentration in marketing! I am addicted to Starbucks, cute dogs and candles from Bath and Body Works! When I am not working as a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus or as a Marketing Manager for my full time job, you can find me at the gym teaching Pilates! 
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3