What’s next? Thoughts from a college senior

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Ever since the age of 5 or younger we have been identified as students. Whether you started in Preschool or Kindergarten, then Elementary to Middle school, Middle school to High school and for some people High school to College, it has always been such a huge part of our lives and a constant for years. It seems almost surreal that after these final semesters my identity in the world won’t be student anymore…what’s next? Our identities could change from student to teacher or doctor, writer or broadcaster and anything in between. I am really beginning to realize how big of a change that truly is.

As a college senior graduating after 4 1/2 years, I have come to realize how truly blessed I have been to have learned all of the information I have in every year of schooling. We have grown up with education. It is almost hard to wrap my head around not being a student anymore. No more homework, no more field trips, no more football games, no more prom, all of that is in the past and it is something that we will never get back. Should we have embraced it more? Done more? Lived more in that time? Our childhoods are over and now it is time for the real world and it sure did go fast.

Whatever path you have taken throughout your educational career, I hope you have found it rewarding and helpful in preparation for your future career. Although the years of being a “student” are coming to a close, a whole new chapter of life is just beginning, it’s time to embrace the change and accept the “What’s next?” of life!

HCXO, Sami

Sami Cordner

Millersville '22

My name is Sami Cordner and I am a senior Early Childhood Education major with a minor in STEM at Millersville University graduating in December 2022. I have been dancing for 19 years and recently accepted a position as a dance teacher! I also enjoy cooking, shopping, writing, reading and spending time with the people I love the most. My favorite articles to write are about relationships, experiences and lifestyle! After college I hope to become a 2nd or 3rd grade teacher!