What Your Favorite Sanderson Sister Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

The Sanderson Sisters have been taking Disney + and this year’s Halloween costume aisles by storm! Since the premiere of the original movieHocus Pocus” in 1993, the Sisters are back and here to stay! The new spin-off movie we (and when I say “we,” I mean my millennials and Gen Zers) have all been waiting for released on Disney + on September 30! They embody the trio trope we often see in books, films, and TV shows. They each bring out the best in each other, but they all have something unique to bring to their close bond. Here’s what your favorite Sanderson Sister says about you:

Sarah Sanderson

Happy Hocus Pocus GIF by Freeform - Find & Share on GIPHY

Let’s start off with my personal favorite, Sarah Sanderson! Not only does Sarah Jessica Parker capture her perfectly in the films, but this sister adds a fun and flamboyant feel to the coven! She is the youngest of the three and not the brightest at times, but, hey, don’t we all have our moments? If Sarah is your favorite, you love to be around people and are the “life of the party.” You aren’t afraid to be a little flirtatious to get what you want. You are often underestimated by others, but your friends value you very much for your unique talents and abilities. 

mary Sanderson

Scared Trick Or Treat GIF by Freeform - Find & Share on GIPHY

Let’s move on to Mary Sanderson! Mary brings a caring and maternal nature to the group. If she is your favorite, you are the go-to friend for whenever someone needs a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear, or simply love and support. You will drop what you’re doing to be there for your loved ones whenever they need you. Mary is also known for having an acute sense of smell for finding children. She is very competent, clever, and observant. You embody similar qualities in which you have the ability to “sniff out” a person with hidden, negative intentions before anyone else. You can quickly solve a puzzle or problem with creative solutions.

winifred sanderson

Hocus Pocus Wtf GIF by Freeform - Find & Share on GIPHY

Last, but certainly not least, is Winifred Sanderson! Her sisters refer to her as “Winnie,” and she is certainly the leader of the pack. You have a natural tendency to step up and lead within your social groups. You are the main decision-maker and aren’t afraid to state your mind. You enjoy your time alone with your beloved spell book, but you also cherish your loved ones you are closest with. They can often challenge your patience, but you know they bring out the best in you. You are also a drama queen but in the best possible way! You never fail to make your friends laugh and brighten any room you walk into.

Now that you know what your favorite sister says about you…

Hocus Pocus Disney Plus GIF by Disney+ - Find & Share on GIPHY

“Come, we fly!”

Happy Halloween!

HCXO,

Rachel

Rachel Ritchey

Millersville '22

Rachel Ritchey is a senior public relations major at Millersville University. Rachel is the President of the Millersville University Her Campus Chapter. She is also the PR Chair of the All Campus Musical Organization and a member of Navigators. She is passionate about type 1 diabetes awareness, women empowerment, social media management, music, mental health, and self-care. ♡