What to Eat in the Fall When You Hate Pumpkin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Well, it’s that time of year. Leaves are changing colors, sweaters are pulled down from the top shelf and absolutely everything is pumpkin-flavored. Yup, everything. Ever seen the pumpkin spice oreos? Yeah I know, gross right? Well dont worry, I’ve got you covered on some fall treats you can enjoy if you’re just not that into pumpkin.

Apples

Apples are definitely a year-round treat! There’s always a time for apple picking, and you can make just about anything apple-flavored. A little side note for the coffee lovers out there, apples actually wake you up more than caffeine.

Apple Cider

I know this one is a bit redundant, but I just had to put it on the list. Trust me, if you haven’t tried hot apple cider yet, you have not lived. It tastes just like apple juice but gives that warm and toasty fall feeling.

Banana Bread

This is a personal favorite of mine. Sure, you can go out and make this from scratch, if that’s your thing. I, however, find it just as enjoyable to buy a loaf from the grocery store. Even if you’re not a huge banana fan, I highly reccomend you give this a try. Warm it up, add some butter, and you can’t even taste the banana.

Just Add Mocha

Okay hear me out on this one. I’m not a huge pumpkin spice fan but I just had to try the new latte flavor at this cafe in my hometown. The ‘Sleepy Hollow Latte” was pumpkin spice and mocha. Like I said, I’m not a huge fan of pumpkin, but I swear the mocha completely masked the pumpkin taste. It tastes more like hot chocolate with a little kick to it. Now if you’re open to trying it out I think you’ll like it, but don’t hate me if you end up disliking it.

Pecans

A nice healthy option for you to snack on. Pecans are a bit of an acquired taste, but if you get the sea-salted ones, you won’t regret it.

Maple Muffins

Another thing you absolutely have to try. I made these for the first time years ago, and now I crave them every year. They are probably the most fall-esque treat you can get. Trust me, they’re even better when you make them from scratch and your whole house will smell absolutely amazing.

S’mores Hot Chocolate

This is probably the perfect drink for saying goodbye to summer and hello to fall. S’mores are my favorite summer treat and when it’s getting colder I always go for a hot chocolate, so this is the best way to mix the two. Now I know there is a huge Wawa versus Sheets debate, but I’m telling you, Wawa has the best s’mores hot chocolate out there.

Now you have no problem having some snacks that will put you in just as much of a fall spirit as pumkpin spice does. Don’t be afraid to try new things, and don’t hate it before you try it.

HCXO, Katie

Katie

Exeter

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3