This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

This week has been a weird week, I’m sure that everybody can agree. We all had to say some fast goodbyes to friends, lost important activities or clubs that meant a lot to us, and have had to pack up our things and move home. Now that we have this free time and are suggested to stay inside or keep a large distance away from other people, it had me creating a list of things to do during this difficult time. 

1. Spend Time With Mother Nature

Getting outside and getting active can be a great idea during this time. Exercising can help to keep your immune system up and that will help you stay healthier during this outbreak. Plus, if you are like me and are unable to sit still for too long, this is a safe activity to do outdoors that still keeps you distanced from others around you. 

2. Watch Some TV!

While you have some forced time inside, use it to catch up on a show you’ve been watching, start something new that you have been eyeing, or maybe have a movie marathon. You deserve to relax a bit during this time so flipping on the TV or Netflix is the perfect way to kick back and relax.

3. Work On A Hobby

This time could be the perfect time for you to pick up that knitting hobby that you have always wanted to try! Or take time to learn how to perfect your favorite TikTok dance! Whatever you have been wanting to do recently, now is your chance to do it in the privacy of your home! You will have plenty of time to do it.

4. Workout

I personally have a hard time fitting exercise into my daily schedule, but now that I have more freetime in my day, I have been using it to make time for exercise. This could be a walk, a hike, an indoor HITT workout. Anything that gets you moving is beneficial. Being stuck inside all day might be difficult, so giving yourself time to get that energy out will help you. 

While being stuck inside for a few weeks is really difficult, I hope that you can use some of these ideas to help fill your time!

HCXO, Lexie 

Lexie Sites

Millersville '20

Hi! My name is Lexie Sites and I am a Early Childhood Education major with a STEM minor! HerCampus has allowed me to push my comfort zone, so I hope you enjoy reading my articles! HCXO, Lexie
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3