mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

We’re Obsessed With Get With The Times: Talk With Alexis Ohanian

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

We’re obsessed with the New York Times… and the amazing talk we just got watch with Alex Ohanian on Get with the Times, an initiative to get college students talking about important news and politics.

Husband of tennis superstar Serena Williams, Alexis Ohanian is the co-founder of Reddit, the 3rd largest website in the U.S., He also founded Initialized Capital, an early stage venture capital firm he co-founded that has over $500M under management. He’s invested in and advised over two hundred tech startups and was a partner at Y Combinator. He created & hosted a show called Small Empires, which talks about tech startups. In 2013, Alexis wrote a national bestselling book titled Without Their Permission, where he shares his ideas, tips and even his own doodles about harnessing the power of the web for good.

Tonight, Alexis gave college students around the country some of his most expert tips on balancing life, health and business while blazing a trail in the world of entrepreneurship.

If you want to know more, you can watch the talk at GetWithTheTimes.com. Be sure to stay tuned with Her Campus and the New York Times for upcoming talks and events!

Carlee Nilphai

Millersville '19

Carlee is a Millersville University graduate with a BA in Print Journalism and a double minor in Music and Theatre. Her favorite topics to write about involve career, environmental issues, pop culture, budgeting hacks, and Taylor Swift. Carlee lives in Lancaster, PA and has a corgi named Alan.