Valentines Movies for the Hopeless Romantic

Whatever you're doing this Valentines day, be it spending the day with your significant other, your favorite pals, or just staying in and cuddling with your furry babies, here are some must watch movies for everyone: major hopeless romanitcs and those that would prefer a little less romance today.

1. 1. For the Cliche Lover

LOVE spelled out with scrabble letter tiles

To All The Boys: Ps I Still Love You

This is a brand new movie; it's airing on Netflix February 12. This is based on the young adult best selling novel by Jenny Han, of the same title. It's defintely a cheesy, cliche romance story, but there's no better time to watch than this Valentine's Day. If you're looking for something that will make you smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside, this is the one for you.

2. 2. For the Hopeless Romantic

10 Things I Hate About You gif

10 Things I Hate About You

A bit of an older movie, but it still does the job. For those of you that like a little challenge in getting the guy, but love a good strangers to lovers story, this is the one for you. Some super cheesy, yet quoteable lines will definietly give you a fun time watching this one. 

3. 3. For the Gals

3 women posing for photo together, one with heart glasses

Someone Great

This is the perfect movie for a girl's night. Whether you need a pickmeup from an ex or just want to appreciate your girls, this is the movie for you. Full of laughs, and possibly a few tears...but the good kind.

4. 4. For those that like a little Suspense with their Romance

two hearts in sand on a beach

Safe Haven

One of the many Nicholas Sparks adaptations but a definite must see. If you like a little mystery, and some confusion with your movies, this is the one for you. Any Nicholas Sparks movie is great, but this one is something special. You'll be questioning everything, thinking you know who to trust until the plot twist finally happens. 

5. 5. For Those That Love to Laugh

Red Roses

Isn't It Romantic

This movie is absolutley hilarious! Starring Rebel Willson, Liam Hemsworth, Adam DeVine, and Priyanka Chopra, there is something for everyone to love about this movie. Whether you like to make fun of the cliches or embrace them, you will love this movie. Such a cute film and I guarantee you'll have such a great time watching this.

6. 6. For Those That Know Love is Love

Toni Reed Udggq3Ml

Love, Simon

Based on a best selling young adult novel by Becky Albertalli, this is a film following Simon on his journey in coming out as gay to his friends and family, while trying to get the guy he hasn't even met. I know, you're hooked already.

7. 7. For Those That Like a Classic 

The Notebook

We all knew this one would come up. Another Nicholas Sparks adaptation that if you haven't seen, you haven't lived. What can I say? Forbidden lovers estranged over time striving to stay together no matter what. How can we say no?

If you still don't know what to watch this Vaelentine's Day, I suggest making your way through this list then proceed to make your way through Netflix. Whether you have someone to spend the day with or would rather keep to yourself, remember to love yourself and those important in your life. And chocolate is definetly the right idea this Valentine's Day (and always).

HCXO,

Katie