david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Trick to Cheap Treats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Halloween is finally here Maurauders meaning that after this weekend, there is officially one full month of the semester left. Although you may not win this year’s best costume, and you couldn’t go door to door collecting candy, I have a special secret to share with you that’ll brighten up your day.

Sunday, November 1st will mark the official end to Halloween season, meaning GIGANTIC price reductions on anything and everything that has to do with Halloween. If you’re sweet tooth is always begging for more sugary goodness and your wallet is running much lighter this month, I suggest you spend your Sunday night running to the store to stock up on some goodies.

Typically, the day after Halloween, goodies go on sale for half off the retail price. And if you wait a few extra days, places like CVS, Wal-Mart, and GIANT mark down their candy to over 75% off! You can literally buy a full bag of your favorite high end candy like M&M’s  and Hershey for less than the price of one regular candy bar. The reason? The packaging on this candy is advertising Halloween. Stores have to get rid of anything that has to do with HAlloween to make room for advertising for the next upcoming holiday as soon as Halloween is over.  Have a craving? Stressed out from finals coming up so fast? Need Chocolate? Better get to the store as soon as November 1st comes around, before they sell out! Trust me, when finals week comes around, you’ll be happy to have a stash full of chocolate treats in your drawer.

Monna V. Tayts

Millersville

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3