Top 6 Classic Halloween Horror Movie Villains

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Happy Halloween, Ghouls and Goblettes! The best time of year is here where we celebrate with campfires, scary tales, and movies that scare the socks off of us. With all the crazy Halloween movies that are coming out, we should pay homage to the iconic horror villains that make Halloween such a spook-tastic time. Here are some of our favorite, classic horror movie villains over the years.

Dracula

(Image via Google Images)

How classic can you get with a blood sucking vampire film? The Count also known as Count Dracula, is Bram Stoker’s original creation dating back to 1897! Fun fact: The legend of Dracula which dates all the way back to the early 1400’s was inspired by the story of Vlad Tepes who lived in Romania and ruled the kingdom of Walachia. Inspired by the book, the original “Dracula” movie came out in 1931. If you’re looking for blood and romance, Dracula is still a better story than Twilight!

Fred “Freddy” Krueger

(Image via Google Images)

The crazed, razor gloved serial killer that had all of us afraid to go to sleep, Freddy Krueger. If you have never seen “A Nightmare on Elm Street” (1984) you are missing out! The entire series was created by everyone’s favorite thriller writer, Wes Craven. Freddy, whose face is burnt and crippling, would find teenagers and feed off of their fear in their dreams. He would find them and kill them in real life! If you have not gotten a chance to check out this classic serial killer in action, what are you waiting for?!

Jason Voorhees

(Image via Google Images)

There are many reason why Friday the 13th is super, superstitious but the main reason is this machete wielding slasher. Jason Voorhees, who first haunted Camp Crystal Lake in the 1980’s comes to haunt teenagers and adults alike in the “Friday the 13th” series.  Jason has had many video games, books, and even a cross over film with Freddy Krueger “Freddy vs. Jason.”

Chucky

(Image via Google Images)

This serial killer possessed doll was the toy from HELL. First hitting the horror film scene in 1988 with “Child’s Play” Chucky is the doll we never wanted. The doll, which was possessed by Charles Lee Ray, the “Lakeshore Strangler,” is gifted to a child named Andy from his mother. As the plot unveils, Chucky takes life as the serial killing voodoo doll. A series of movies follows after the doll tortured its way into the hearts of millions. In 1999, Chucky was nominated for the MTV Movie award for Best Villain for the movie “Bride of Chucky.”

Michael Myers

(Image via Target.com)

But we can refer to him as the king of Halloween slasher films, literally. Michael Myers first made his appearance in 1978, in John Carpenters “Halloween” as a young boy who murdered his sister, gets sent to a mental institution, and returns home fifteen years later to pick off helpless teenagers. The mass murderer has starred in more than nine movies to date and got his very own reboot back in 2007, under the production of Rob Zombie. If you’re looking for the perfect Friday night, blood chilling movie, look no further, Michael Myers is here for you.

Any and every zombie

(Image via Flickr)

Although we do not have an iconic zombie slasher that rises from the dead at the museum no one ever goes to down the street, Zombies have been around for CENTURIES! We can date the first zombie movie back to 1932 with Bela Lugosi’s creation, “White Zombie.” George Romero also gave us zombie fever with his modern portrayal of zombies in, “Night of the Living Dead.”(1968) The early creators of the mummified undead have paved the way for many renditions of similar zombie movies like, “Dawn of the Dead” (1978) and the latest hit series, “The Walking Dead.”

Thanks again for reading! Spook ya later, collegiettes. HCXO!

Isis Waller

Millersville

My name is Isis Waller. I am currently a senior at Millersville University. My major is Speech Communications with an option in public relations and I minor in Entrepreneurship! I am currently located where the cows moo me to sleep in Lancaster, PA. Some of my favorite things are chocolate, glitter, my boyfriend, the Chanels from Scream Queens and every single American Horror Story season... EVER. I am very into Halloween. At this point I am so in into fall my blood type might as well be pumpkin spice, haha!
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3