This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Oh the weather outside is frightful, but Netflix and a hot cocoa sound so delightful. Take a study break this November and curl up by the heater with some of the most bingeable shows available!

The Good Place

The Good Place is a great show for when you need a good laugh. A surprisingly fun look at death and the afterlife, The Good Place follows the story of Eleanor Shellstrop, a woman recently dead who finds herself in the “good” afterlife. But things in the Good Place are not as perfect as they appear and mayhem ensues. This is great for those cold winter cuddles when you need a good belly laugh to warm you up, and while it may get you thinking about life a whole new way, it is light enough to give your brain a break from finals.

Lucifer

Angels and demons? Attractive men with British accents? Crime dramas? Witty banter? Sign me up! Lucifer is a great show to binge while giving into the temptations of snacks, hot cocoa, and cozy blankets. The Devil’s gone topside, roaming around LA for a vacation when he meets a detective he just can’t seem to get off his mind. The two team up to become a crime fighting duo with devilishly good looks, while Lucifer deals with everything that comes with living like one of us. This heart warming, comedic drama will make you question if history’s biggest bad guy might have been misunderstood all along. While the show may take you for a bit of an emotional roller coaster at times, it never stays too heavy and is easy to binge season after season.

Vikings

Going a bit darker for more drama and suspense we have Vikings. The show follows the legend Ragnar Lothbrok and his family living in Scandinavia in the time of the Vikings. From daily life, to raids, religion, and politics, this show has it all. With a story and historical context that drags you in, it’s nearly impossible to stop watching. While the content may be a bit darker and the topics heavier, and maybe not something to watch with the family around – think close to Game of Thrones – Vikings will keep you glued to your seat waiting to see what comes next.

Outlander

Another historical drama, Outlander is here for all you accent-loving romantics. This epic tale of time travel, strength, and love in the highlands of Scotland will make you want to cuddle up with your boo – or your furry friends – until the very end. When an English woman named Claire travels back in time unintentionally to the 1740s in the highlands of Scotland, she has to use all her wits to survive the land, the times, and her husband’s ruthless ancestor. Whether you love history, romance, or just a good accent and some kilts, Outlander will make you wish you could travel in time so you don’t have to stop watching.

Aggretsuko

It wouldn’t be fair if no animated series were included! Want to stay in bed and watch TV but don’t have a whole weekend to binge? Do you love cute animals but hate your daily grind? Then you just might have to grab a blanket and your laptop and turn on Aggretsuko. With just 15-20 minutes an episode, you can fly through this animated series about a quiet little red panda who hates her boss and her 9-5, is looking for love…and loves to rock out to heavy metal. This show is filled with relatable and loveable characters and is just a nice easy watch. If you’re setting in for a while though be warned – these episodes go quickly and there’s only 2 seasons. But wait! They have a Christmas special too!

Brooklyn 99

It only seems right to end with another comedy – and one that in my opinion is one of the best comedies currently running. Brooklyn 99 is not your average cop show. Instead of the crimes being the focuses of the episodes, the main set is right in the police station and the focus is on the wild antics of the officers and detectives of the 99th precinct in Brooklyn. Another great show for some laughs and light in the darkest days of the year.

No matter what you’re binging this cold season, make sure to stay hydrated, stock up on a variety of snacks, and have your favorite blanket ready when you do! And remember: there is nothing wrong with taking time for yourself. You don’t need to be productive 100% of the time. 

Love Sydney ~HCXO

I'm currently a junior at Millersville University with a major in International Studies and German and a minor in Government and Political Affairs. Outside of Her Campus I am invovled with Student Government, Society for International Human Rights, and German Club. When I somehow miraculously have free time I usually spend it being a total geek: gaming, watching youtube, watching netflix, you get the gist. Besides all that I also enjoy being creative in a variety of mediums as well as ice skating. I'm looking forward to the next few years at MU and I can't wait to see where it will all take me!
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3