This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

I know with classes being online, we are constantly looking at computer screens.. but does that stop you? I find myself always using social media pages as my study break, or my distraction away from real life problems. With my job constisting of social media marketing, I am hardly on my personal pages anymore. With electronics consuming my life, I think I need a break. But something about these three social pages that just have me hooked!!

Tik-Tok

Tik-Tok is the new trendy social page. Im pretty sure everyone and their brother has a tik tok page. Over quarentine is when it really blew up. This social page has saved me in the months of lock down, allowing myself to make videos and enjoy a never ending or repeating page of videos. However, I have lost MANY hours of sleep because of this little SUPER ADDCITING app. Do you have a tik-tok? I highly suggest you should! 

Snapchat

Snapchat has been around for ages now. I love this app because it is a way to combine texting, facetiming, and pictures all in one. It is just a unique app that allows for fun filters to give a chuckle. However, it does allow for lots of secrets to be around. Using this app in a mature manner can be a lot of fun and can build your friendships. Its all about what you make it!!

Instagram

Instagram is poppin nowadays! This is a great app that allows for pictures or life updates to be posted to all who follow you. Although instagram does not offer funny filters, it does offer colorful ones to make your pictures just right. Instagram does have an ending feed, which is the only sucky part. However, stories have been put in place and direct messaging is still allowed. Gotta get those likes!!

I know we hvae all had those days where youre on an app, you catch up to the ending feed, you cancel out the app, and then go right back in. Social pages are addicting to go on, and is probably one of the main reasons why kids and adults our age are so glued to their phone. Imagine a life with cell phones but no social media. Would you still enjoy it? Whats your favorite social page? Give me a follow- ksteiny4 :)

See you soon! 

HCXO, Kate

Kate Steinhilber

Millersville '21

Hey! My name is Kate Steinhilber. I am a senior at Millersville University majoring in business administration with a concentration in marketing and minoring in strategic public relations. I am always staying active in writing, as well as my athletic side. I am extremely family orientated, thus my family are my best friends. I love to blog/journal, so stay tuned to see what I have hidden up my sleeve! Visit my Facebook (Kaitlyn Steinhilber) to get a better look at my life! Cant wait to write with you :)
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3