This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

If you like country music, you will love these songs! 

I have loved country since I was old enough to know what music is. Knocking boots, knodding heads, and never ending “ing” with the g. Out of all the artistis, Kane Brown is definitely my top favorite. Yes, country music deals with tractors, heartbreaks, and girls.. but Kane’s music also deals with real life problems. 

LEARNING

If you want a song that will get you emotional, listen to “Learning.” Every line is so relatable to how things in life really are. His lyrics show even a famous country singer was/is not perfect.

Listening to this song makes me cherish my family and how well they treat me. I also cherish the place I grew up where overdosing, drugs, and guns were never a problem. 

No matter how much he suffered and went through in his life, he will never forget it. But this whole song is about learning how to let it go and forgive. It brings a tear to my eye every time. You can hear his pain in his voice!

Check out this song! You will NOT regret it!

FOR MY DAUGHTER

Have you had your first heartbreak? Do you remember how mad your dad was when he saw his little girl hurting? Did you yell at your dad when you were learning how to drive? Did you think you knew everything, that his words were useless? Who checked for monsters under your bed or in the closet before bedtime? Who taught you how to be tough, and to stick up for youself after you get knocked down?

Did you have flashbacks of your childhood? I sure did! All of these moments with my dad I would NEVER trade for anything. I can’t imagine my life without my dad.

“For My Daughter” talks about all of these moments that Kane did not have because he grew up with out a father. “Yeah, I grew up without a dad, so I’m gonna be the best one I can be.”

So touching and heartfelt. Gets me everytime!

LIVE FOREVER

From the second this song was released, I have been planning my first dance at my wedding with “Live Forever” playing in the background. I get goosies everytime I think about it! 

His lyrics make it seem like you are in the same room as him when he first locked eyes with his now wife. The way he talks about waking up next to her makes him want to Live Forever. 

My two favorite lines from this song are, “You tell yourself that you’ll never grow old, ’til you find the hand you were meant to hold,” as well as, “Now I never want to see you one last time, I never wanna know a kiss goodbye.”

It is truly amazing how in love someone can be. I listen to this song while I close my eyes and picture myself dancing with my future husband. I will never want to stop living if I have the same type of love this song is talking about. <3 

A lot of artists have gotten themselves caught up in the wrong things.. causing drugs, overdose, and even death. Kane is a great role model. Not only does he live the hardest life of all dealing with paparazzi and concerts, but he writes unique and from his life-lived experiences. He also has just recently started a family and writes in his songs how much he loves his baby girl and wife. Kane Brown will always be the best country singer and his songs will always be inspiration and written from emotion. 

Kate Steinhilber

Millersville '21

Hey! My name is Kate Steinhilber. I am a senior at Millersville University majoring in business administration with a concentration in marketing and minoring in strategic public relations. I am always staying active in writing, as well as my athletic side. I am extremely family orientated, thus my family are my best friends. I love to blog/journal, so stay tuned to see what I have hidden up my sleeve! Visit my Facebook (Kaitlyn Steinhilber) to get a better look at my life! Cant wait to write with you :)
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3