Anna Schultz-Girl Using Laptop In Cozy Bed
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Life > Academics

Tips for Organizing a Heavy Workload

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

As the end of the semester and finals week draws near and my dance recitals and last few weeks of college on campus are coming to a close, I am finding myself busy now more than ever. It is always the last few weeks of the semester that bring tests, projects and just trying to enjoy your time with friends before summer break. I have a few tips that might help with organizing that heavy end of the semester workload!

Use a planner & make lists

If you know me, you know that without my planner and million lists, my life would be crazier than normal because of how much I have going on! I think that having a cute planner is so beneficial when trying to organize a heavy workload, it allows you to see your week or even month at a glance and plan accordingly! On top of a planner, I also keep a weekly to-do list on my desk with the most important tasks on it! It is so rewarding to check something off! While you certainly don’t need both, it is beneficial to use planners and lists to your advantage.

self care

Cliche, I know, but it is so important to take care of yourself while in the middle of a heavy workload! Whether that be taking a 10 minute break to read or go on your phone between studying, making dinner, spending time with a roommate, face masks, or calling a loved one, anything that is for YOU is enough. I can almost guarantee that taking time for yourself will boost your mood, calm your anxieties and motivate you to finish your tasks!

Study Groups

With student teaching 3 days a week on top of a 15 credit course load and dance, I have learned to love study groups. Any chance you get to find someone to work with or study with can be so beneficial to get some weight off of your shoulders and even help you understand the material more! I definitely recommend spending some time at the library or someones house and grinding out work together, everyone will be just as motivated and get the work done 10x as fast!

With the end of the semester winding down, I know workloads are getting heavy. Just remember that what you are doing is enough and you can get through the end of this, just like you have done before! Have fun, take care of yourself and keep up the good work! I wish you all the best during these last few weeks!

HCXO, Sami

Sami Cordner

Millersville '22

My name is Sami Cordner and I am a senior Early Childhood Education major with a minor in STEM at Millersville University graduating in December 2022. I have been dancing for 19 years and recently accepted a position as a dance teacher! I also enjoy cooking, shopping, writing, reading and spending time with the people I love the most. My favorite articles to write are about relationships, experiences and lifestyle! After college I hope to become a 2nd or 3rd grade teacher!