Things Retail Employees Wish Customers Would Stop Doing Part 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

1. Don’t ask us if you can use our bathroom. Sorry you waited until the last minute after downing that Big Gulp but we have no sympathy. None of us want to clean up the bathroom meant for just us after you’ve been in it.

2. Whining to us about your expired coupons isn’t going to make them not expired and valid. It’s not our fault you didn’t see the expiration date from 2003 for $5 off something we don’t sell anymore.

3. Employees don’t make the sales. Don’t yell at us because one pair of jeans is half off and the other isn’t, that isn’t our decision. We just work here.

4. Employees also don’t make the store hours. Giving us attitude because we close at 5 p.m. on Sunday isn’t going to make us decide to stay open until 6 p.m. from now on to accommodate your last minute browsing.

5. Don’t continially ask us to check for things in the back room. The back room is completly void of clothes 99% of the time. When multiple employees tell you that all we have out is all we have, we aren’t kidding. So no, I won’t check the back for your size 6 hot pink jeggings when there’s one pair left in the entire store.

6. Don’t ignore us when we’re trying to tell you the sale. We get it, you want to shop alone, but this is what our job entails. You’re hurting no one but yourself and your wallet when you ignore us.

7. Asking us what 50% off the price on the tag is. Seriously?

We love our jobs and our customers but c’mon people, help us so we can help you.

For more things that irk retail employees to no end, make sure to click here!

Ashley Haywood

Millersville

I'm a senior English major with a focus in writing studies and I hope to someday write for a publication within in Lancaster area. I drink more coffee than I probably should, my cat is my baby, and I'm obsessed with my planner. You'll always find me on campus in the library with a cup of coffee in hand! 
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3