This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Have you ever been in a moment and wished you could make time stand still? Or have you ever been in the middle of making a memory and already missed that moment? I feel like those two questions are playing in my head on repeat as I start my semester of “lasts”. 

Obviously we all know the quote “all good things must come to an end”, but dreading the end is tough. With graduation being less than 100 days away and the “firsts” of the semester in full swing, I am becoming extra aware of the “lasts” that come with it. 

Last week I had my very last ever first day of school. Of course my roommate and I took sunset pictures on our deck to commemorate that moment! After dancing for 19 years, I had my last first day of dance last night. We had our last first general dance meeting, and I am in the process of choreographing my last lyrical dance and my last EVER dance solo. And in a few short months, I will take my last ever bow on stage and walk away from what I love. It is hard not to dwell on these exciting times knowing that I never get to relive them, and that I can’t return to school in the fall to do it all over again. 

Soon I will order my graduation cap and gown, write my last Her Campus article, and take senior pictures with my friends before we walk across the stage. While I know this is all a little sad, I know that I am so so lucky to have all of these things and people to be sad over. 

My heart hurts knowing what is coming, but my heart is also so full when I look around at all of my people. This year I get to live with my roomie who is also my bestie, dance beside my best friend that I met at dance auditions four years ago, and hang out with some very new friends that instantly became soul sisters. All of this being said, here’s to embracing the “lasts” and living my last <100 days of college to the fullest! 

HCXO, Laura

Laura Sheaffer

Millersville '21

My name is Laura Sheaffer and I am a senior at MU! I am a Speech Communications major with an option in Public Relations and minors in English, Writing Studies, Creative Writing & Publishing. I am active in Expressions Dance where I hold the position of the lyrical teacher and the public relations manager. I have been dancing for 18 years and love that I get to continue my passion at college. I am a personal trainer and a fitness instructor here at Millersville. When I'm not dancing or at the gym, you can find me at the library or a cute coffee shop! In my free time I enjoy reading, running and hiking.