This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

While remaining in isolation and having plenty of time to kill, my mom and I turned to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime for some entertainment. My mom and I always watch TV shows and movies together whenever we get the chance. With this extra time, we compiled a list of movies we’ve seen recently and a rating for them. 

“Friends With Kids”

This movie was a comedy that I acidentally chose on Amazon Prime. It had a stacked cast of some of our favorite celebrities though, so we decided to give it a chance! It had a good story line that involved best freinds, breakups, and family drama. We both rated this one an 8/10.

“Bad Moms Christmas”

Another Amazon Prime find that my mom and I both loved! Who doesn’t love Mila Kunis or Kristen Bell? This movie is about three moms who have kids, and are known for not being great in that aspect of life. They are all celebrating Christmas in different, hilarious ways. Bonus: Christine Baranksi makes an appearance. My mom and I rated this a 10/10 without a doubt. 

“Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants”

My favorite movie of ALL time. While I couldn’t find this movie anywhere for free, I was willing to pay $1.99 for this one. This movie is about four friends who magically find a pair of pants that fit them all. When they all have to part ways for the summer, they agree that the pants will be passed among them. When they wear them, it is supposed to bring them a miracle. I love this movie for the romance, best friend connection, and rather dumb humor. It’s a comfort movie, okay. My mom gave it a 10/10, but I chose a 12/10. 

“Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants 2”

Naturally I had to watch this right after the first. Again, I splurged and paid $3.99 for this one. “Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants 2” is another feel-good movie. It takes you on another summer journey with the same four girls. This one has more drama, but they all come together in the end, as you could have guessed. My mom rated it an 8/10, but I chose a 10/10. 

“Life As We Know It”

This Netflix movie had me crying within the first half an hour. Two friends have to become foster parents after an accident and the movie takes you along their journey. It is funny, sad, and has a very cute baby. What else could you need? My mom and I rated this one a 9/10. 

“The Big Wedding”

This movie was another one that had a stacked cast of many of our favorites! It was a typical rom-com that had a few plot twists in it. There was a lot of funny family drama that all happened at a wedding. It was good, but a little slow. We both rated this a 7/10. 

“Wonder”

A TEAR JERKER! From start to finish this movie is inspiring, happy, sad, exciting, etc. It is the story of a space-loving boy who tackles middle school while having facial differences. You see bullying and friendships, and experience all the feels. A 10/10.

“Book Club”

This Amazon Prime movie is about four older women who have a book club together. They start reading a book that makes them all want to get back into the dating game. We rate this comedy a 9/10. 

“10 Things I Hate About You”

This classic is the story of a rather negative girl who kind of hates everyone. After a boy is payed to date her, she falls in love with him. This 1999 movie has good music, a good cast, and a great story line. I rated this an 8/10 while my mom chose a 6.

“Cheaper By The Dozen”

Another classic, this movie is about a family with 12 children. When they move from their hometown, the kids rebel in anger. This movie is funny, exciting, and all around a feel-good. My mom and I went with an 8/10. 

So if you’re bored and want something to watch, here are ten of my favorites. Grab some popcorn and a blanket, and relax! Happy quarantine! 

HCXO, Laura Sheaffer

Laura Sheaffer

Millersville '21

My name is Laura Sheaffer and I am a senior at MU! I am a Speech Communications major with an option in Public Relations and minors in English, Writing Studies, Creative Writing & Publishing. I am active in Expressions Dance where I hold the position of the lyrical teacher and the public relations manager. I have been dancing for 18 years and love that I get to continue my passion at college. I am a personal trainer and a fitness instructor here at Millersville. When I'm not dancing or at the gym, you can find me at the library or a cute coffee shop! In my free time I enjoy reading, running and hiking.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3