pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Take the Next Step into Adulthood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

So, you’re about to graduate. . . Does it feel like the pressures of adulthood are smothering you? I know it seems scary but all you need to do is take the next step. You CAN do it!

Don’t know where to start? Try starting with where you are going to live after you graduate. If you can move home to your parents, try doing that (at least until you get a “big-kid” job and can handle living on your own). If you can’t move into your parents’ house, start looking around your hometown for a cheap apartment or look for someone that needs a roommate.

FASFA gives you a 6 month grace-period where you don’t have to pay on your loans. Once the 6 months are up though, you need to start paying. Need more information on how FASFA loans work: Repayment. Can’t pay on your loans even after the 6 month grace-period? Look into Deferment. 

I know all of this feels insanely stressful but you need to take it a few steps at a time: don’t look at the major picture or you will just stress yourself out even more. Try creating realistic short-term and long-term goals.

You should be proud of yourself; you suvived college and now you have an amazing degree to show for it! If you can make it through the stress of college, you can make it through whatever comes next.

Congratulations, Class of 2016!

Elizabeth Nace

Millersville

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3