This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Summer 2018 Reflection… Did I Reach my Goals?

Summer 2018 has been a great one! This previous spring, I made a summer 2018 goals list and shared it with the world. As summer is coming to an end, I would like to take time to reflect and think about myself and the goals I made. In my list, I came up with six specific goals that I wanted to accomplish within the three months of summer vacation. Do you think I managed to achieve them? 

Reflection #1: Read, Read, Read!

This was my first goal of summer 2018. In the three months of vacation, I read six different books. I found that reading can be very enjoyable once you find a genre you love, and a great place to read. My favorite places to read are whenever I am outside, at the beach, or sometimes before bed. For me, reading books is something I want to keep a habit of!

Reflection #2: Get an A in my Summer Course.

In the spring, I decided to take a summer course. This would be my first time taking an online course, and I was pretty nervous for it. I was an hour away from school, I wasn’t sitting in front of a professor, and I was in my home setting. At first, I had to get use to the online classroom setting. After a few days, I got it down and I received an A in my summer course! Two out of six goals are “crossed off” my list!

Reflection #3: Learn Something New!

This summer has taught me numerous of things. I learned things that I thought I would never be able to learn. I drove down to Ocean City, Maryland for the first time (let me say, the Bay Bridge was not my favorite), I learned many things about myself that I never knew about. I learned that there are some things that you need to let go, and there are some things that are worth fighting for! Overall, this summer I have learned many things and I can’t wait to see what the 2018-2019 school year teaches me!

Reflection #4: Move Into my 1stApartment!!!

This wasn’t really a goal, but it was something that was important to me. I am going into my junior year of college, and this summer I moved into my first apartment! It is so cool making a house into your home. My roommates are amazing, the community we live in is amazing! I was fortunate enough to get my own bedroom. Look out, because there might be an article coming out soon that is all about my apartment room ;)

Reflection #5: Go on Random Adventures!

This summer, I feel like I didn’t go on as many adventures as I planned. Even though this goal didn’t get accomplished, I still feel like my summer was a great one. Instead of going on random adventures, I hung out with my boyfriend, I went on vacations, and so much more!

Reflection #6: Hang Out w/ Family and Friends

This goal was huge for me. I was lucky enough to see my friends and family this summer. They are so important to me and they always know how to make me laugh and smile.

Summer 2018 was a HUGE success. I couldn’t have wanted it any other way. If you made a summer goal list, I suggest going back and reflect on your summer! I am so happy to be writing again for Her Campus! I am ready for the 2018-2019 school year!

HCXO,

Sammi

Samantha Loy

Millersville

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3