This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Now that school is drawing to a close, its time for sitting on the beach for hours on end. Or, if you’re like me, sitting in your lawn on a towel. Same thing, right? Regardless, you’re going to need a snack by your side. Here are some of my favorite summer snacks that are light, refreshing, and perfect for the beach! (or lawn).

1. Pineapple

This is a go-to. Pineapple is such a beautiful, summery fruit. It’s juiciness is exactly what summer is all about, and it never gets old. If you’re chilling at home, throw some pineapple on the grill, you’ll thank me later. You can also dip it in some greek yogurt, or just eat it in the classic wedge style!

1. Fruit pizza

This is one is a little more difficult for the beach, but it’s perfect for a day at home or a picnic. Pick your favorite fruits, cool whip, and a crust of your choosing, and get going! This recipe is really great for cookout desserts! Check here for the whole recipe!

1. Cucumber sandwiches

Cucumber lovers, rejoice! This snack is so light but so good! Choose a bread, slather some cream cheese, and layer your cucumbers. Although this snack sounds daring, I promise it’s delicious!

1. Frozen grapes

This one is perfect when you’re craving candy, but you’re trying to stay healthy. Simply freeze your grapes overnight, and they’ll be ready to go the next day. Trust me, once you eat one, you’ll never stop!

1. Apples with peanut butter and chocolate chips

This is a good snack all year round, but it’s especially delightful in the summer. Slice your apples, and mix up some chocolate chips in your peanut butter. You can choose whether to spread it onto your slices or use it as a dip!

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m ready to sit outside and EAT!

All images courtesy of giphy.com

Jessica Moore

Millersville

I'm currently a junior at Millersville Unversity studying biology! I started at HC as a first semester freshman and have been with it ever since. Along with writing passionately for Her Campus, I am also a member of Alpha Sigma Tau.  My passions include reading, writing, animals, and food. In my spare time, I thoroughly enjoy binging netflix, reading a good book, and taking naps.  Instagram: @jessy_poo96 Twitter: @jessy_poo96