This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Dear Time,

AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I understand that you are never stopping, but what I wouldn’t give for a universal pause button. The amount of times that I have been so in over my head in classwork and work responsibilities and not had the time to accomplish everything is way too high. You try fitting in a shift of work, three classes, a club meeting, homework, and getting a good amount of sleep into just 24 hours!

All I want is an extra few hours a day to spend with my friends laughing or catching up without having stress loom over me like some dark scary cloud instead of slaving away at homework 24/7. I also want at least one extra hour to join a new club or try something new and different. Life is supposed to be full of fun times making friends and learning more about yourself. Is a little extra time too much to ask??

While I’m at it, could you PLEASE slow down? It feels as if just yesterday was my very first day at college and that only last week I was still in high school. Some days just blur by so fast that soon it’s dark out and I go to bed wondering where on earth the entire day went. I only get half the things I have on my giant “To-Do” list done because I simply ran out of hours to get stuff done. I just want time to be a true girl boss!

I know, I know, you may say “Well girl, you just aren’t managing your time well!” but I believe I am. I just wish I had more time to manage!

So whenever you’re feeling a little more generous than usual, throw some extra time my way. I have big dreams and plans and want to shoot for the moon, if only I had the time.

HCXO,

Hannah N

Hannah Newman

Millersville '20

Hannah Newman is a senior at Millersville University, studying Early Childhood Education with an integrative STEM methods minor. She has been writing for Her Campus for over two years, and is loving being the president of such an awesome chapter.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3