etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Break Around Millersville

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

If you are choosing to not go home for Spring Break (or you cannot go home due to student teaching, internships or a job) then it’s important for you to realize that there are still options for you to do something fun and interesting. The only issue you might run into is that you will need to work these attractions around your schedule and the weather. So far though the weather for Spring Break in Lancaster seems to be alright but definitely not awesome. 

Here are 5 different attractions you could go to around Millersville University:

1. Refreshing Mountain

This attraction is located at 455 Camp Road Stevens, PA – which is 43 minutes away from MU. Refreshing Mountain has ziplines, high ropes, climbing towers, and an elevated obstacle course.

There are 3 different zipline courses: The Flying V, Challenge Adventure and Aerial Excursion.

The Flying V has 2 ziplines and takes around 30 minutes to complete. This zipline experience costs $25 per person.

The Challenge Adventure has 5 ziplines, 9 elements of challenge and takes between 1 and 2 hours to complete. This zipline experience costs $59 per person.

The Aerial Excursion has 7 ziplines, 3 sky bridges and takes around 2-2.5 hours to complete. This zipline experience costs $79 per person.

2. Chickies Rock 

This park is located at Chickies Ridge, West Hempfield Township, PA – which is 19 minutes away from MU.

This park has an overlook of the river, hiking trails and historical landmarks.

3. Wolf Sanctuary

This attraction is located at 465 Speedwell Forge Road Lititz, PA – which is 40 minutes away from MU.

The only way to see the wolves though is to set up a tour which you can do on their website. They have public tours every Tuesday and Thursday at 10 am but you still need to sign up for the tour online.

4. Escape Room

This escape room is located at 43-45 N Queen Street Lancaster, PA – which is 14 minutes away from MU.

This attraction features four different rooms that you can escape from: September 1777, The Hideout, The Tavern and Shipwrecked. Before you can play these games you must go online and book the game and also fill out an online waiver form. The cost of most of these rooms is $25 per person.

5. Zole Art Factory

This attraction is located at 17 W. Main Street Strasburg, PA – which is 22 minutes away from MU.

At the Zole Art Factory, you have the option of painting pottery and canvases. For more information on their prices call 717-288-3962. Their hours of operation are Tuesday-Saturday 10 am to 6pm and Sunday 1-5 pm.

I hope you all have a wonderful Spring Break!

HCXO!

*All images courtesy of Pinterest.

Elizabeth Nace

Millersville

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3